BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what suspension lift is the best one out there for a 1990 4runner? im looking for decent flex

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by Tatts:
what suspension lift is the best one out there for a 1990 4runner? im looking for decent flex
IFS doesn't flex

------------------
Sold the sammy, now lookin for a stock '85 'yota pickup. I'm gonna miss the sammy.
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

·
1,269 Posts
Tatts: As was so politely implied to you below by randbeast (who needs to realize this isn't pirate4x4 by the way), a suspension lift for the front of your truck is going to be more to clear larger tires, and it won't really give you too much more flex. If your 'runner has coils in the rear, new lift coils will give you some nice flex but can be very expensive.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
193 Posts
The best lift for your 4-runner begins with a cutting torch and ends with a welder and a nice rebuilt soild front axel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well id love to do a live axle swap ...but the wife would shoot me if i cut the front of her truck out.....ok then what in all your opinions is the best lift quality and ride wise for the ifs?? and yes it has coils in the rear...all i want to do is clear 33s and im only going to use this truck for light four wheeling...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Doug don't think your the big man just 'cause you now have a solid axle. Take your big swollen ego over to pirate4x4 and I'm sure you'll fit right in!

------------------
91' Yoti with the Son of the Devil screaming at you from behind the wheel!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Originally posted by MetalToy:
Hey Doug don't think your the big man just 'cause you now have a solid axle. Take your big swollen ego over to pirate4x4 and I'm sure you'll fit right in!

you suck, your turck sucks, you know it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
If you want to clear 33's and still want flex get a body lift or sus. lift,dont crank the bars if you want flex.also throw your sway bar in the garbage,take all the bumpstops out and trim them down alittle,especialy the upper one that limits droop,you can also put in a upper ball joint spacer, but on mine even when fully flexed I diden't need one(Upper A arm had enough room)

------------------
Its done.44044's,chevy's,9012's,36 swampers.and it still fits in the garage!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Doug what the hell is a turck? dumbass! at least my "turck" is on the road and working. Who sucks now buddy!

------------------
91' Yoti with the Son of the Devil screaming at you from behind the wheel!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
Tatts: As was so politely implied to you below by randbeast (who needs to realize this isn't pirate4x4 by the way), a suspension lift for the front of your truck is going to be more to clear larger tires, and it won't really give you too much more flex. If your 'runner has coils in the rear, new lift coils will give you some nice flex but can be very expensive.

oops, accidently posted my first apology under my friends name... but anyways, I'm sorry if what I said came across as rude, I tried to make it not rude and a joke by using the weird face...

------------------
Now cruisin in a '85 'yota, reg cab, SB, 3" lift, 31" AT... basically stock. Faded red and ugly
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

1 - 11 of 11 Posts