BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright I'm looking for any and every opinion on what mods I should do to my Bronco II, within a few weeks I will have about one spendable grand to my name, so I'm thinking I'm gonna be puting it into my truck, I was thinking of either doing a complete engine rebuild and mabey caming it and getting it bored 30 over and slapping a 4 barrel on it, or I was htinking of painting it, or throwing a set of gears in it, or mabey a suspension lift if I could afford it, so as you can see I'm having trouble making up my mind so everyones opinions are welcome,

thanks

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Depends what you want to do with it. if you want it more capeable off road, gears and a rear locker will eliminate your G in a hurry.
I have no other suggestions, other than some good shocks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gues I should add more about what I want from my truck, I do go off road but nothing so challenging that I will need a locker for, the truck sees alot more street time then it does off the road, so I guess I'm looking for an overall good truck that is capable of going anywhere I need to and looks good at the same time, keep in mind Im only 17 so a grand is a **** load of cash to be stumbleing upon, and I have to work my ass off to earn it, so I don't want any regrets with the way I spend my money,

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
You will ***ALWAYS*** regret the way you spent your money on a vehicle, years down the road. Buy an RRSP. Blowing every penny on a car is great fun, but don't EVER think its a good idea :*******

That said, I'd buy some 30x9.50 BFG AT's, and a set of Gabrielle Gas Ryder LT VST shocks. If you shop around, you should be able to do that for a grand. ~600 tires, ~200 shocks. + tax(s)
You will be well pleased with the ride/handling/capability for a daily driver.
any leftover cash should see you geting a highlift jack, tow strap, and maybe a set of tools.
If you have alloy wheels, buff them up, and if you have steels, spend $15 at lordco for 2-3 cans of plasti-cote satin black spray paint and a scotch-brite pad. I just did my white spokers black today and my truck now goes faster, rides smoother, and gets better milage! Besides, Chicks Dig It!
IMO, you should NOT waste any $ on the motor, either carb'd 2.8 or EFI 2.9. It will never be a monster, and you are lucky it still runs LOL! Just drive and enjoy the scenery, you'll get fewer speeding tickets! its not worth having a hipo vehicle these days.

·
Registered
287 Posts
buy a set of used 33's theres got to be lots of those to chose from,
leave the boiler alone,
get some steel and make a pre-runner style bumper for the front
a set of cheap driving lights,
there, i spent almost all your money,
next buy a tank of gas and do a road trip
:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts