BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I do to make my stock 85 sami look less girly? But I don't what to make to much more tippy... I want to get wide tires to start... I'm thinking around 23s? Please help me decide what to do! Thanks alot, Greg

------------------
to be old and wise, you first must be young and stupid

·
Registered
199 Posts
I recommend going with the big tires, a lift and a bc4x4.com sticker maybe a big front bumper too

rhys

------------------
1991 Samurai
SPOA, Rocklobster, Warn 8274 winch

[This message has been edited by Rhys (edited June 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can I get a bc4x4.com sticker I want one so bad? Can you get nerf bars 4 sami's?

------------------

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by ZukiGreg:
Where can I get a bc4x4.com sticker I want one so bad? Can you get nerf bars 4 sami's?

Email lars for a bc4x4.com sticker, he will sort you out right away. I don't know if you can buy nerf bars for a sammy but you could prob make them, they eat up a bit of clearance though.

Rhys

------------------
1991 Samurai
SPOA, Rocklobster, Warn 8274 winch

·
Registered
394 Posts
Where abouts in Victoria are you?

You could go with 235/75 tires with a more aggressive tread pattern.

You could do this with minimal modifactions. A little trimming off the front bumper ends might be needed, and 1" lift shackles would be a good idea.

30x9.50 tires are just a little bigger, and might fit with simular modifications.

31x10.50 tires need even more lift and body/bumper mods.

I'm running 31x10.50s with a lift I built.

I'm running 1" heavy duty lift shackles, and I replaced two leafs in each stock Samurai spring pack with leafs from a set of Jeep CJ lift springs.

I'm about to put in a 1" body lift as well.

Heavy duty bumpers look and function better than the flimsy stock units.

Making the doors removable looks cool. Just be aware that some police officers might not like it and might give you a ticket (I have never had a problem with that myself).

If you need lift shackles or any other help with the truck, just e-mail for more details:

[email protected]

Here is my truck (never mind the cheesy aluminum bumper it came with when I bought it):

http://island4x4.com/rockmonkey

------------------
jo-jo
http://island4x4.com

[This message has been edited by jo-jo (edited June 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live around spectrum! What is involded in putting in shackles? I think I would want the 23s because I don't want to get to tippy... unless you think I should bolt on some spacers in between the rims and the axels

------------------

·
Registered
112 Posts
all you sami newbies worrying about being
"tippy" once you roll it a few times , the fear goes away .........
no but seriously, do a springover and throw a set of 31" BFG muds on there ( ok, and a lockright in the rear axle) and you can derby the wee out of it and have mucho fun times.

------------------
only we make "the whistling sound" www.OTTindustries.com

·
Registered
394 Posts
I live around spectrum! What is involded in putting in shackles? I think I would want the 23s because I don't want to get to tippy... unless you think I should bolt on some spacers in between the rims and the axels

Give me a call or e-mail me and we'll get together to discuss the possiblities for your rig. You can check out mine, and I'll show you what you might want to do on yours.

My phone number is 544-0805, and e-mail is [email protected]

Don't worry, I don't bite...just stay clear of my septic tank, it's been known to swallow small trucks.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of spring overs. Almost every Suzuki owner I run into in person and on the 'net say s to do a spring over. I've concluded that it's just not for me. Seems to make a lot of people happy, but IMHO it's not for everyone.

I like to keep my centre of gravity as low as possible so I am of thought of only lifting the vehicle as much as you absolutely have to to fit the tires you want.

I have a 1" shackle lift, and maybe about another 1"-1.5" in the springs. That fits 31s on my Samurai with some minor body work and some tire rub here and there.

I find that my truck flexes as well as or better than some spring over Samurais I've encountered.

Low works for me!

...btw, 235s will get you to a lot of cool places. I ran some lame treaded 235s for Rock Crawl last year, and I did fine...open diffs and all.

------------------
jo-jo

[This message has been edited by jo-jo (edited June 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only prob is that my sami is noit on the road yet! I'm only 15 can't drive till august!

------------------

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wondering it it would be worth gettin a winch? Is there roll bars that fit outside of a soft top?

------------------

·
Registered
394 Posts
The only prob is that my sami is noit on the road yet! I'm only 15 can't drive till august!

Not a problem...call, e-mail or ICQ (47260667) me, and I'll come over to check it out and chat a bit. I still promise not to bite.

If you think it's wierd that I'm so interested in helping you...that's ok...I just like 4x4s, and I like to help new people enter the sport...sort of try to steer people in the right direction type thing.

------------------
jo-jo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts