BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure of the size of suspension lift that I need. I want to clear 33x12.5 and I'm just a weekend warrior. I still use my jeep on the street about 3 or 4 days a week. I also don't know much about the different companies and who makes a good lift. I was looking at a 4.5 inch rubicon express extreme duty lift. Any ideas? I will also have a one inch body lift too. Basically I just want to be able to tackle most local trails and I really want great travel and articulation out of my suspension.

------------------
'92 YJ w/ 3" body, 32" txr, flowmaster muffler, funnel ram intake, 2 Pro Comp 100 watt lights.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
If you're looking for a bolt-in kit, the Rubicon Express kit you're considering is a good choice. 4.5" of lift is about right, especially if you are removing your 3" body lift and replacing it with a 1" body lift.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would it be worth my while to buy a sway bar disconnect for my stock suspension while I save my pennies for a lift?

------------------
'92 YJ 4cyl. w/ 3" body, 32" txr, flowmaster exhaust, funnel ram intake, 2 Pro Comp 100 watt lights.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Sway bars are not really needed on stock YJs. Mine has been off since 98 and had no problems. My suspension has softened up alot since. I know many of us stockers do not use them at all.

Get disconnects if you want, but to each their own. You could just remove the whole bar and put it back when you are lifted.

It depends on your comfort factor.
Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought swaybar disco's about 6 months ago and I installed them and went wheeling the next weekend. Got to the trailhead, disconnected them and haven't reconnected them since..

As long as you drive like it is a Jeep, and not a sports car you will not notice *much* difference

------------------
Leanne
'95 YJ : enough lift, big tires, and too much other junk to list :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Those Old man lifts are pretty spendy. I priced a 2.5" lift at $889 US. Do you know how the Pro Comp lifts are? I need a lift about 4-6"

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think that removing my front sway bar and rear track bar did more for me than my suspension lift did. I have a Black Diamond 3.5" lift.. drives like a wagon on a cobble stone road (not good).. but now that the sway bars are off it drives better on the road and WAY better off road. I would not buy disconect sway bar.. just take your stock one off...

------------------
'94 YJ 4"Supsension lift, 2" body, SwayBars Gone at both ends..so much better...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts