BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up Toyota heads! I have a 2003 Tundra TRD Off Road that I've had since new, 165,000 kms. I just got a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport with about the same kms. My plan was to sell my Tundra and get the Taco moving. But I'm having 2nd thoughts. The Tundra I can sell for $10 - $12K, the Taco was $22K. The reason I went for the Taco was basically better gas mileage as I now have a big commute to work. But I can't imagine ever spending the $10K price tag difference in gas. With the $10K difference in price, I could keep my beloved Tundra, maybe add manual hubs to cut gas costs a hair, and call it a day. Part of my thinking on this is that I've heard that the early Toyota trucks (including the 2003's) were built BOMBER because Toyota was trying to make a name for itself. Better than the 2011 Tacos. Wondering if I should just keep the Tundra, make a few upgrades and keep some money in my pocket. WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Basically, is the rumour that the 2003 era trucks are better built than 2011-ish? Thanks so much this is tough!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts