BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to get a samurai and am wondering what year i should be looking for?is one better than the other?also is there major problems to look for?(like rusty frames?)

·
Registered
185 Posts
i was told that one of the best years was an 85... and make sure you check the floor boards, along the seams on the floor, and around the bottom of the fenders on the inside...

------------------
Stock 1985 Suzuki Samurai(WRITE OFF BY ICBC)
Now driving a 1988(1/2) Suzuki Samurai

·
Registered
107 Posts
See if you can find a 91/92' they are efi.

------------------
92 zuk 32x11.50 BFG
5:13s rocklights....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok,one more thing, lwb or swb?is there much difference?can the swb go more places?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Originally posted by nfc:
im looking to get a samurai and am wondering what year i should be looking for?is one better than the other?also is there major problems to look for?(like rusty frames?)
How much money are you wiling to spend Dave at t&s has an 88 for sale lots of money but well worth it check it out on zuks for sale (88 sami for sale)

------------------
Play Safe Wheel Safe
91 YJ Sprung over on 35's

·
Registered
107 Posts
I dont hink that there is much differne in the places that the swb as the lwbs just that you can take more stuff with you. just my .02 cents
Tim

------------------
92 zuk 32x11.50 BFG
5:13s rocklights....

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Tman, i figured as much.thats also why i was thinking of lwb,to fit camping gear for weekend get aways.

G

·
The 85 is a good year 'cause the springs are inboard giving you better articulation, but they are hard to find in good shape. The efi modles perform nice, but then you have to worry about breakdowns way out in the bush(carbs are easier bush repairs). The efi system is very reliable though. Unless you take out the back seat, Sammis have no storage room. So the LWB would be good if you wanna take lotsa gear/spare parts. From what I've heard people have no probs off road with the extra length of the LWB.

·
Registered
100 Posts
One thing that a long wheel base has over short wheel base is a small advantage in climbing ability, all be it small.

------------------
A real 4by is one that has been over on all four sides.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts