BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmmm well I guess the subject pretty much sums up my question. I'm looking for a CB (don't need the antenna, already got one) thats good for offroad, I've seen the ones in Radio Shack, but I usually don't trust their brand. Anyone got any suggestions?
Something that wont put a hole in my pocket and cost more than my samurai....

G

·
I've been told that Cobra's are the only ones who under-rate the power output of their CB's, giving you a little more, and cleaner, signal.
Thats what I was told by this old guy who installed my Realistic. He tested the output on it when he installed it, saying I had under 3watts output and that I should have spent the extra and got a Cobra.
Thats just what I was told, hope it helps.
JC

·
Registered
98 Posts
Stay away from Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff...CB and whatever...
They are obsessed with the proprietorship and their products are UNFIXABLE by anyone else but them as well as u can NOT tweak them (CB's for instance). Not to say that their products are bad, as long as they work...
Hope it helps

------------------
-marker

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a cobra NW ST 29. I don't think it's a current model anymore but you can try looking it up on their site. Nice chrome accents. I picked it up for $100 refurbished at CB City in Edmonton. Ummmm, it's got incomming and outgoing fine tuning capabilities. It's also backlit (it's called nightwatch) which is a function that I totally recommend getting. You can also adjust the dimmer knob on it making it brighter of darker. I would like to get a heavier duty mike though, I don't exactly like the little plastic ones. I mounted it to my metal roof using three 30lb magnets and it don't come off too easy. I didn't want to be drilling and wanted it to come off easily. It's also got a quick disconnect for the power and ground wires. Very nice feature.

As for antennas, I've got a Wilson 4ft fiberglass whip (the super flexi one) and it kicks some good ass.

You may also want to post this topic into general or chit chat to get more responses.

Steph,
Always lengthy.

------------------
I have a secret club called T.U.R.N. It stands for Team Urban *******. Davey and myself are the founders and leaders of the club. Latest News: Ford (French Off Road Domination) takes first place in the third annual ******* Training Weekend. He also took first place in the open fire pit steak cooking contest.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got a Larsen antenna 4 sale. See the For_Sale section

------------------
-marker

1 - 5 of 5 Posts