BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had people on dirt bikes, mopeds, 4x4's etc. flash three fingers, two fingers(used to mean peace)the thumb and little finger extended, etc.

They usually smile when they do this and I smile back and wave not having a clue if they're insulting my mom or what.

I would appreciate some answers...thanks.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
3 more or 2 more guys coming behind me?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Iam going to have to agree with Monzter on this one!

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
70 Posts
Maybe you were driving a Ford and they were giving you the finger(HEHE)

------------------
80 Cj5, 360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Warn winch,
92 XJ 6" Rubicon, 33" Swampers, engine build up in the works

·
1,269 Posts
I'd agree with Wil, mountainbikers I notice almost always give an indicator of how many people are coming behind them.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
you're probably just describing the generic "Hawaii surfer" version of the peace sign,(close your fist and put the thumb and little finger out to mimic an old phone reciever) also seen at just about all rock concerts, except then it's usually both hands up in the air doing it, with the addition of the index fingers out, like "devil horns".
usually younger people who think they're "cool" do it. (like it's just so square to give a peace sign, man.)

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
That would usually mean, two more or three more coming, as a warning to not run them over.

We do the same thing to warn others that theres a convoy of trucks behind us.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
1,269 Posts
And here I thought all these nice mountain bikers were using sign language to tell me how "knarly" and "far out" my truck was. Damn.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by lane smith:
you're probably just describing the generic "Hawaii surfer" version of the peace sign,(close your fist and put the thumb and little finger out to mimic an old phone reciever) also seen at just about all rock concerts, except then it's usually both hands up in the air doing it, with the addition of the index fingers out, like "devil horns".
usually younger people who think they're "cool" do it. (like it's just so square to give a peace sign, man.)
HA HA HA HA HA HA! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

------------------
80 Cj5, Met.Grey,360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Warn winch,
92 XJ Blue6/6.5" Rubicon, 33" Swampers, engine build up in the works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.