BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some info i cant find on the net.

what is your swamper,whether its the sx, or the meanest of em all, bogger. what kinda life you gettin.

give me a ruff estimate on kms, and whether or not u rotate (front to back, back to front, hopefully never criss cross) and keep good air pressure.

im tired of searchin, so help me out.

thanks

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
front-back only is for radial tires
you can swap sides with bia tires.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u seem to follow my posts rogue.

thanks for the insight. i just gathered that info from interco (which are mostly bias)

but u didnt answer my main question!

whats your life!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
hard to say, I run Dunalop RV Rovers on the street. and I don't keep track of my mileage to & from the trails. I think it also depends on vehicle weight, cause a buddy ran his all the time on his sammi and they didn't seem to wear all that bad.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had 33in boggers on my toyota and they went from 100% tread with everyday pavement and weekend off roading approx 20,000km down to about 40% tread and i rotated every 3000km's and was also told this is normal wear?? Not worth driving these types of tires on pavement!! That is why i bought a set of used 33's off this board last year and ran them most of the time. Hope this helps some but I would say it all comes down to how, how much, and where you you mainly drive, and most of all the type of vehicl you are driving on them with.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well im lookin into 81 shortbox sisters truck and its a 77 chassis, 85 body chev with 38.5s.

and by your 20k fer 60% tread would mean what.....30k before your running on the wear bar. i probably only drive 10k per year (just under 8000 to and from work per year) so by my math and your assumption i should get about 2 years out em?

cuz to me that wouldnt be that bad.

course i wanna stuff 42s under or 44s and they are like 2800 for four (NSOR quote) ruffly.......for boggers of course.

keep it comin i need some info!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Well howz this for justification........in "Theory" a bigger tire will wear slower than a smaller tire. Soo ........ might as well get the 44's cause they will last longer:D :D

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn good theory. too bad 44 boggers are 3g a set of four at NSOR

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Bah! Whats 3G's?? It's only money...... your young, and have lots of time to make more. :D :D
Plus..... the bigger the tires, the more chicks you'll score ;) , this could decide your future................

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got a chick i could score her if i had 15 inch tires on 13 inch honda wheels, shed hate, but shed hump........

odnt tell or ill get in sh!t

and so if im drivin 15k a year, on 44 bogs, how long will they last before i hit wear bar. considerin reg. 3000k rotation and good air pressure?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Leave the Boggers for mud racin...TSL's or SX's are the way to go.

I've got 5700 miles on my TSL's which includes alot of road & wheelin every weekend, they're down to about 50% tread:*******

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
daily driver...........30 kms per day roughly.

on paved roads (96ave and port kells)

so u suggest TSL's.

i aint gettin no a/t even if i am only drivin on road.

:laugh

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Also beware if you have a locker in the rear, that really helps chew tires.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya im seein that as a benifit that they already got TSL's

it will help in my decision. but from what u say bout bogs it doesnt sound like the way to go.

thanks boggin toy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just under 50 km's a day for two years and I still have more than 60% on my 35" TSL's, and I have detroits.
My 35" Boggers are about the same after less than one year.

I'd like to know how a SX wears

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
dug said:
Just under 50 km's a day for two years and I still have more than 60% on my 35" TSL's, and I have detroits.
My 35" Boggers are about the same after less than one year.
But what do you drive?? 3/4Ton, Sami?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NO **** BEEF IS BETTER!

nice and fatty wide.

whats a 44 tsl come in........18.5? then 18.5 it is when the time comes.

anyone know about 81shortbox truck? id like some unbias info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Naughty Nuaghty!

Nickzilla said:
i got a chick i could score her if i had 15 inch tires on 13 inch honda wheels, shed hate, but shed hump........

odnt tell or ill get in sh!t

and so if im drivin 15k a year, on 44 bogs, how long will they last before i hit wear bar. considerin reg. 3000k rotation and good air pressure?
Nick,

did you forget I go on this site?!?

Trucks are the only vechile to my desire...

If you had a honda, small tires, I would hate :angry , and never hump :boring

But we know that will never happen, so no worries :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts