BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting all my LC rotors and crap on on Sunday and I REALLY need to know where to get those longer Ford studs and what the PN is!!! Greg? Anyone else that's done this? PLEASE HELP! :(

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan O said:
I got mine from All-Pro but I had to bend way over:eek:
WRONG ANSWER! I would if I had the cash and the time to wait for shipping.

Wheel studs - rear Papco 560102 1/2-20 Ford (to match the front studs)

This is from Greg's site, I'm going to try to get these from Lordco or Wakey's tommorow.. hope they carry them!

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
how convenent ............... your problems become a stickey:rolleyes:

:D

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it wasn't urgent, it wouldn't be. It's not the first time I've sticky'd a post that someone needs info or help ASAP either, but it IS the first one of mine so quit your whinin'. :D

Better watch out or your problems will be sticky too, as in I'll be all over you like a rat on a cheeto boy! :laugh I still owe you for your cruiser kicking my ass down at WV.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
its not my fault you cant enter or exit a truck.......:D

·
Registered
140 Posts
you can use Moroso studs for Fords. They are 3" which works fine with a 3/4" spacer. Lordco carries them as well as mopac and some tire stores. They come in packages of 5 unfortunatley. I've been using them for over a year now with no problems.
I tried to find Dorman studs but no one could find them even with the part #.
Hope this helps.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jo said:
you can use Moroso studs for Fords. They are 3" which works fine with a 3/4" spacer. Lordco carries them as well as mopac and some tire stores. They come in packages of 5 unfortunatley. I've been using them for over a year now with no problems.
I tried to find Dorman studs but no one could find them even with the part #.
Hope this helps.
Sweet thanks for the help dude! I shouldn't run into any problems using just a 1/2" spacer I don't think... :confused:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dan Martz said:
its not my fault you cant enter or exit a truck.......:D
lol he was not able to enter my jeep either.
more of a grab the roll cage swing and slam into the side.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OKAY so after spending roughly an hour at Lordco this morning, here's what I came up with: nothing.

PN# 560102 is actually about a centimeter shorter than my stock studs, what gives? Are you guys using these attached to the spacers or what?

I also looked at all the Papco and Moroso studs and it doesn't look like any of them will work. :violin

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well, like my website states, Papco p/n 560102 are for the rear, not the front, so that you can use the same lug nuts on all wheels (and they're a bit stronger too). For the front, you can sub the Dormans with Moroso p/n 46220 (1/2" - 20x3, .563 dia). The package is marked "Do not use with wheel spacers". However, we don't run V8's so it shouldn't be a problem, and Paul's been running them for a long while.

Yeah, I'll add the Moroso p/n to the page, didn't know anyone really read it. :D

Edit: With only a 1/2" spacer, the Moroso studs might be too long, as tney are 1/8" longer than the Dormans, but the last 1/2" of the stud is not threaded. Why are you using 1/2" spacers, and not 3/4" spacers like the rest of the modern world?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I am also changing wheel studs and putting on 3/4inch spacers up front....so I took Greg's info from his site and went to Lordco. We were able to find a match...Raybestos p/n 6060B and Raybestos p/n 5266B. When I came home I dumped them out of there boxes, so you will have to figure out which one is the longer one. They come in boxes of 5 and I still need to go order another box. Make those Lordco guys work for there money.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you very much Greg. Those Moroso studs should go in without any problems ie. grinding the rotor out? I can get the Dorman's special ordered in tommorow and I think I might just do that.

Greg said:
Edit: With only a 1/2" spacer, the Moroso studs might be too long, as tney are 1/8" longer than the Dormans, but the last 1/2" of the stud is not threaded. Why are you using 1/2" spacers, and not 3/4" spacers like the rest of the modern world?
As to why I'm not running a 3/4" spacer, I don't have any. I am unaware of anywhere else to get a set from other than Allpro. Wanna do me up a set like yours? :D

·
Registered
140 Posts
].
As to why I'm not running a 3/4" spacer, I don't have any. I am unaware of anywhere else to get a set from other than Allpro. Wanna do me up a set like yours? [/B]

You can find a michine shop to make them for you. I have the template for them at home somewhere. Just use 7" round stock aluminum. All you need is someone with a metal lathe. Its about $40 for the aluminum.

You wont have a problem putting the studs in, but you will need a big hammer

·
Registered
802 Posts
rusty85 said:
We were able to find a match...Raybestos p/n 6060B and Raybestos p/n 5266B.
Which ones are which? I'd like to add them to the page too; I get a lot of email about them. I bet they're cheaper than the Moroso versions.

Also, the Dormans cross over to Napa p/n 641-1016 (1/2-20 x 2 7/8", .561 knurl, 15/16 shoulder), so they are the exact same specs as the Dormans.

·
Registered
802 Posts
BBP said:
I am unaware of anywhere else to get a set from other than Allpro. Wanna do me up a set like yours? :D
I got mine from 4OffRd. I think Mark will be making them shortly too; he's got a really nice CNC machine. :) But not until after my high-steer arms are done, though. :D

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Greg said:
I got mine from 4OffRd. I think Mark will be making them shortly too; he's got a really nice CNC machine. :) But not until after my high-steer arms are done, though. :D
Ya I kind of want to drive my truck maybe once before I go back to school in September so it's stacking spacer time for now. :eek: :D

Thank you guys all very much for the help, I will head down to Lordco tommorow morning with all the PN#s and report back on my findings. I also learned tonight that ARP makes a 3" 1/2 national 20 that works with a little bit of drilling.

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I ended up with Moroso PN#46220. They are a 1/2-20-3" and out of all them (Raybestos, ARP, etc.) they looked like they would work the best and go in the easiest. I probably won't get around to installing them anytime soon though. :D

In case anyone is wondering it came to $65 for 3 packs of 5 each.

Also, as rusty85 said, when we punched in the Dorman PN# it came back with Raybestos PN#5266B, but I didn't see the other # anywhere.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts