BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the wheelbases of a broncoII? lookin for ideas for a new body for my old 84 FS Bronco (body seams torn) parts truck turned trail project. also any other ideas would be cool too (already thinkin of f series cab flat deck) even chubby (mini blazer) and joop bodies (cj8) would be considered.
and for you ford loyallists ... I figure the body is just for show it's the main structure that counts ie Bronco frame/300/435/D44/9" ... the body's just cosmetics. the Bronco has 105" wheelbase.
what it really comes down to is I want a better hood line (I hear it's nice to actually see the trail now and then
) my 81 will keep the bronco body tho (to prevent a ford owners linching party showing up at my door
)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah read that one but was lookin for more input/idea's ... I was parked beside a C***Y S-blazer today and noticed the wheels were in the same places (same wheelbase?)

G

·
Hey Dave I was thinking the same thing with my parts truck. I have an issue of 4 wheel that lists wheelbases I'll scan & send a copy

------------------
79 Bronco 3/4 ton gear, 35" General M/T

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by Rockfrog:
what are the wheelbases of a broncoII? lookin for ideas for a new body for my old 84 FS Bronco (body seams torn) parts truck turned trail project. also any other ideas would be cool too (already thinkin of f series cab flat deck) even chubby (mini blazer) and joop bodies (cj8) would be considered.
and for you ford loyallists ... I figure the body is just for show it's the main structure that counts ie Bronco frame/300/435/D44/9" ... the body's just cosmetics. the Bronco has 105" wheelbase.
what it really comes down to is I want a better hood line (I hear it's nice to actually see the trail now and then
) my 81 will keep the bronco body tho (to prevent a ford owners linching party showing up at my door
)
2DR Exploder has 102" wheelbase, which would work fine, since you have to tub it anyway. Ranger supercab and a flat deck would be nicer than a reg cab for wheeling. more room inside, and much narrower.

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts