BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going camping up there for the long weekend and I was wondering if there's any decent wheelin' spots up or around that area.

·
1,269 Posts
I'll be having a few :beer there Friday to Monday, if you spot me come say hello. We'll be camped by the river, closest spot to the road with a 24 foot trailer. :D :D

Oh ya about the wheelin', some people are running the Whipsaw.. that's all I know. :*******

·
Registered
136 Posts
where is this tulameen you speak of? and what is there to do there?

·
1,269 Posts
D.O.A said:
where is this tulameen you speak of? and what is there to do there?
It's about 30 minutes out of Princeton. Daytime activities include sitting in the river and boozin' it. Night-time activities include listening to a band called Drunk play bad cover tunes, and boozin' it. :D

Very rarely do I see people with young kids tenting on the beach, but the town is always packed full of families this weekend. Not sure about the cabin situation, I think there may be some sort of really small motel place in the town itself, but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was there last year. There was several places renting cabins and some had boat rentals too. We we stayed at the provincial camp ground (Otter lake) and it was allright. I know there are lots trails there including the KVR but I did not explore any. Tullammeen is a nice place and worth checking out, sort of reminds me of the movie the great outdoors with John Candy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If you're not as thirsty as Big Bad Pete -you can do lots of 4 wheeling, exploring FSR's, relic hunting, dirtbiking, mountainbiking on KVR, swimming etc in Otter Lake, nice sandy beach there, goldpanning in Granite Creek & Tulameen River.
The little motel is Otter Inn (250)295-7179...also Coalmont Hotel owner may know of cabins for rent (250)295-6066. I don't thinkthey let you camp down in Tulameen River bed by town anymore & had bulldozed off access last year when I was there. The last time I saw a horde camping down there - I would not take a small child- wild partying & human poop & broken glass everywhere (gross).

·
1,269 Posts
I was there for the August long (Tulameen Days) last year camped on the river, didn't see any signs of human poop or bulldozers... :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yo Pete it was 2 -3 yrs ago when I had my experience at Tulameen days - so consider yourself lucky if it was cleaner last year. When we were up in May for dirt races the access South of Tulameen had been bulldozed...perhaps you're at a different area.

·
1,269 Posts
You come out of Coalmont and it's on the left hand side about 1 minute before Tulameen? Sand by the road, rocks by the river?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like the same spot - there's kind of a big gravel gulch & then the river...maybe Mr Dozer was doing flood control ?

·
1,269 Posts
Dude I sure hope not. My buddy and his gf rented a 24 foot trailer and they're gonna be p.o.'d if they can't get it onto the beach there.

I don't see why they'd close it off, Tulameen Days is like christmas for the convenience store there, and the cops rake in the cash for open alchohol tickets at the lake too.

The other thought that crossed my mind was that maybe they close it off during the rest of the year so it doesn't become a regular yahoo spot, and then open it up for this weekend... :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Still lots of places to camp around there - but if you're worried why not call the Tulameen Store & ask where the designated campsites will be if river bed is deactivated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The river-bed party campsite is still apparently accessable. My friends were riding around in there with their bikes last month & said the entrance is unchanged but lots of broken glass. I guess it was flood shoring that I saw-sorry for the scare.

·
1,269 Posts
Sweeeet thanks for the update man, really appreciate it!

Well if anyone from here's goin, we'll be camped near the road with a huge two tone grey and black Chev on 35s, a dark blue newer Ram on 35s, and a yellow F150 on 35s. Feel free to come by and say hi. :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will be there also but in the town closer to the store but, we have a cabin there, My bud is bringing his toy 86 with 35s maybe we will stop by so we can do some wheeling or have a :beer :mullet :canadian

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey BBP, nice to see ya up in Tulameen. I came by your camp site to take you for a boot after I talked to you on the beach but your buddy's said that you'd already passed out:beer . Drop me an email and we'll go do some wheelin that involves more than driving through the 2ft. high river:D

·
1,269 Posts
MetalToy said:
Hey BBP, nice to see ya up in Tulameen. I came by your camp site to take you for a boot after I talked to you on the beach but your buddy's said that you'd already passed out:beer . Drop me an email and we'll go do some wheelin that involves more than driving through the 2ft. high river:D
Actually, last year up there my buddy Justin drove his truck (like yours, but with a 3" body on 35s) into the river and the water came up over his hood. There's some nasty holes in there.

That Chev on 39.5 Boggers almost crabbed his way into the same hole when he was coming down the river to rescue Dave's benzo, but he had the presence of mind to back out of it. :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BBP said:

Actually, last year up there my buddy Justin drove his truck (like yours, but with a 3" body on 35s) into the river and the water came up over his hood. There's some nasty holes in there.

That Chev on 39.5 Boggers almost crabbed his way into the same hole when he was coming down the river to rescue Dave's benzo, but he had the presence of mind to back out of it. :D
Seeing the Benzo driving into the lake was definatly a classic. That dude was pretty cool, when some other guy who was in the big yellow&black Chev on the Military tires was diss'n Toyota's and diss'n my truck for trying to climb those pinkish rocks, he took care of him(I think his name was Josh?). Needless to say after a couple of shots at it I made it up the rocks and Josh made Chev boy's nose explode into a sea of red. :D great trip!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts