BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Go to any 4x4 shop. NSOR, Sports, 4off etc. You will not want to do that without putting lockers in at the same time as to do so you have set the ring and pinions up again, which is big labour. So you should do it all at once to save the money. You are looking at a grand for each diff all said and done +or- a little probably.

For 33's 4.88 will bring you back to stock ratio. And reading your sig says you are getting 33's. 5.29's return 35 inch tires to stock.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I.W.E. rear ends only or Burts or is it Berts automotive? How low a ratio can an active trac carrier take?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd call Ian @ I.W.E. Rear Ends only

·
Registered
574 Posts
Do not get burts to do any installation work for you, at least not in surrey. They screwed me over on my Tercel tranny, caused me to miss 2 days work, and screwed up my cousins diff. Stay very far away from them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
$1000 a diff,... ahahaha go buy the gears (i got my 5.29's for $298 a hit) and install them yourself, its not as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Check with Toyota before you go changing gears and tire sizes; you might confuse the Active Track computer. You also might void your warranty.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You will void your power train warranty. You may be able to work something out with a specific dealer IF they do the install.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts