BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some front tow hooks that mount in the stock holes for a '94 Jeep YJ. I live in Whistler but haven't had any luck in the local shops or what I could find on the web. Quadratech does sell some but I'd like to but within Canada. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You can try Gemini-sales.
They can ship them out to you. If you want to come in to Vancouver you can also try Husky Equipment, Gemini-sales and many others.

Angelo

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got mine from lordco. They were like $10 each, rated for 10,000lb as opposed to the dealer oes which I think are 7000 or 8000 pounds and cost a whole lot more. The bolt pattern allowed to to bolt it to existing frame holes without doing any drilling which was a bonus.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I think that now makes 2 people in Whistler that take their Jeeps off pavement.
Mark Tener drives the XJ on Swampers in Whistler. Email him [email protected] as he does not visit this BBS often. He can probably point you in the right direction for a place as close as possible that would have what you are looking for.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, went to Lordco who says such hooks do not exsist, so no help there, as usual form them. N8, if those hooks are black you've got yourself a deal. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
302 Posts
the lordco guys on CRACK, the tow how they are talking about have three bolt holes (as opposed to WARN hooks which have two closely spaced holes) allowing for a no drill application on cj/yj. I've seen them ... hell, canuck tire used to sell them even.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, went to Lordco who says such hooks do not exsist, so no help there, as usual form them.
Hmm... strange. I got mine a couple years ago, but I have seen them since. They were around in the trailer parts sections in bins.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had the same problem up until 3 weeks ago. Was looking for front tow hooks for my YJ. Looks like all manufacturers decided to switch to the closer bolt pattern to fit the 'TJ'. Long forgetten is the YJ.

However, Steelhorse still manufactures a tow hook to fit both. (3 bolt holes like previous post). Mind you, the shop here in town had them on backorder for over 3 months.

During those 3-4 months I was able to find some GMC tow tooks from a 95 2500 pick up (the previous model). They look butt ugly, but strong as hell (probably rated for 12-15,000) , and lined up perfect. Still have mine just incase these newer ones don't hold up. Check out some wreckers

·
Registered
539 Posts
without any snide remarks I want two chrome tow hooks for a YJ, willing to pay $20-25 any takers?

------------------
BIG ASS black/chromed YJ, 11" lift 35" tires, 400hp corvett engine

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Dax's Bad ass Jeep:
without any snide remarks I want two chrome tow hooks for a YJ, willing to pay $20-25 any takers?
If you have black ones, I'll trade you straight across for the chrome one I have right now. Only have one though.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
344 Posts
hey dax was that u i saw motoring down barnet hwy infront of coq center say around 8:30ish last night?...all i saw was this big jeep just flying down the street..

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" Pro Comp Lift running 30's...yes i know, i need bigger meats..
formally known as Stock Black YJ

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yep that would be me

next time wave

------------------

·
Registered
539 Posts
lars I have no hooks, but I want two for the front, sory

BTW: what would you sugest for the rear recevery point?

I was thinking of putting a hidden hitch on, then put a short square steal bar into the reciever and attach a shackel to that, as I saw on the BIG ASS ford up at stave

------------------

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Dax's Bad ass Jeep:
BTW: what would you sugest for the rear recevery point?
I was thinking of putting a hidden hitch on, then put a short square steal bar into the reciever and attach a shackel to that, as I saw on the BIG ASS ford up at stave
Problem with the hidden hitches is that they hang down, probably to make them more suitable for most trailers. Problem is, if you're using it as a recovery point, you'll want it at the same height as whatever it's bolted to to minimize any leverage that may be exerted against the mounting points. I'd recommend making a bumper (you could even make a simple one with a big piece of angle iron) and bolting it to the eight rear-facing crossmember holes and the two bottom-facing frame holes. And then weld a receiver hitch to the angle iron or bumper and, for an even stronger attachment point, bolt some shackles or hookes to the bumper as well.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

1 - 17 of 17 Posts