BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What company makes a high pinion 9" rear end, if i got a reverse cut locker and gears would it work in a standard 3 rd member

------------------
ANTI FREEZE TASTE'S GOOD

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
What size tires are you going to run Matt?

38's and above? Go D70 or 14 bolt. There is a yellow E350 at the wrecking yard in Sooke and it has the D70 you need. Find a D60 front and your set!Or put a 14 bolt rear in it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thinkin of 40 monster mudders but swampers prefferably, ill go pick that d70 up as soon as it gets dry, thanks Wil. do you know how much mike wants for that d70?

------------------
ANTI FREEZE TASTE'S GOOD

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
It wasn't Mikes yard it was the other one....Patricks yard. I don't know how much he wants but a GM 14 bolt shouldn't be more than 100 bucks so I wouldn't pay much more than that for a 70. I have the 14 bolt that I was going to put in that Bronco, I'll sell it for 100 bucks.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by BRONCO BUSTER:
What company makes a high pinion 9" rear end, if i got a reverse cut locker and gears would it work in a standard 3 rd member

The nodular HP 9" is made by Currie. They are expensive, they use special reverse cut 8.8 gears not 9" gears. They are NOT as strong as a regular 9" no matter what anyone says. They don't recommend larger than about 35" tires and have a limit on HP. For what you will have in one of those just go with a high pinion 60.

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by BRONCO BUSTER:

The nodular HP 9" is made by Currie. They are expensive, they use special reverse cut 8.8 gears not 9" gears. They are NOT as strong as a regular 9" no matter what anyone says. They don't recommend larger than about 35" tires and have a limit on HP. For what you will have in one of those just go with a high pinion 60.

------------------
Professional Cheese Taster----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts