BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putin fuel injection on my cruiser an Ill need a chip burned. What should I expect to pay and who can do it?

Dan

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
not sure where, but i wish you luck in breaking that ilucritive 100 hp barrier :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Talk to some local colleges. I know most of them have the machines, and some will let you do a test (for a fee). Other than that, look up high performance shops.

If you know anyone that graded from Kwantlen Community College (mechanics course), they can get it done for free.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Naw the truck is 135 hp stock. Im looking to break the 100km\ph mark:D

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Are you looking for information on who can burn a chip or who can do a dyno test?

If its engine only you can take it to First Class Automotive in Abbotsford.

Valley Fuel Injection in Abbotsford has a chassis dyno.

Dyno testing is Really Freakin Expensive. Actually Chassis dyno testing is not that bad but to do just the engine its really expensive due to the setup time to hook your engine to the dyno, engine mounts, flywheel adapters etc.

But trust me, you dont want to experience your engine screaming on a dyno at peak horsepower, you have no idea how horrible of a feeling it is to hear the engine scream as every last horsepower is squeezed out of it, you'll cringe expecting critical components to come flying out at any second, you'll swear you've suffered permanent engine damage.

I run into so many people that claim "yeah I had this engine dyno'd and its makin over 500 ponies" I guarantee you most of them are lying, they never put their engine on a dyno, cause after you run your engine up on a dyno you get this uneasy feeling that its been hurt and an overwhelming desire to tear the engine down and rebuild it.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just need the chip burned so the GM fuel injection matches my 2F engine. Im not lookin to increase hp. I just want my truck to run when going uphill:D

·
Chump
624 Posts
Dan said:
dyno, engine mounts, flywheel adapters etc.

But trust me, you dont want to experience your engine screaming on a dyno at peak horsepower, you have no idea how horrible of a feeling it is to hear the engine scream as every last horsepower is squeezed out of it, you'll cringe expecting critical components to come flying out at any second, you'll swear you've suffered permanent engine damage.

I have that feeling everytime a tool from Aircare gets in my truck.

You mean every small block chev from Surrey and Abbotsford does not have 500 HP minimum?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Dan Martz said:
i just need the chip burned so the GM fuel injection matches my 2F engine. Im not lookin to increase hp. I just want my truck to run when going uphill:D
The GM TBI systems shouldn't need a chip to match your engine.... just get the injectors from an engine that has similar displacement. (like a 4.3 v6 for example)
in fact the entire system from a 4.3 would be a close match (seeing as how the 2F is a 4.2L)

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Jordan said:

I have that feeling everytime a tool from Aircare gets in my truck.

You mean every small block chev from Surrey and Abbotsford does not have 500 HP minimum?:rolleyes:
Oh of course every primered fullsize chevy on bald 36" tires with a cracked frame driven by a bald headed guy with way too big pants and a cellphone stuck to his ear has 500 hp, cause after all he must've spent all his money on the engine and dyno testing since the rest of his truck is completely unsafe at any speed.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought that would be ok too. But most people that have done this swap need a custom chip:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts