BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a good place in the lower mainland to get a CB Radio installed?

I'm moving my old radio setup (Radio Shack + K40) into my new 02 Pathfinder. I'm not too confident on doing it myself.

Any input would be appreciated. TIA.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i got mine done in the Richmond Auto Mall. I forget what the name of the store is called :( but you will find it.

·
Registered
640 Posts
its easy u could do it its 2 wires positive and negative to the battery and ur intena wire to where ever u want...dont forget and inline fuse in the positve...good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bog Hog said:
its easy u could do it its 2 wires positive and negative to the battery and ur intena wire to where ever u want...dont forget and inline fuse in the positve...good luck
Thanks, I know that much.
Now can you tell me where on the firewall I can lead the antenna wire through? I can't find a suitable location.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Drill a hole, buy some rubber grommets and some silicone sealer and stuff it thru the hole...........:D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Sorry, but I have one more suggestion.......Go to a place called EPS communication(they're in Walnut Grove 195 and 94th) I was able to install my CB, but they set me up with a proper antenna and calibrated it for me................

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
melloyello83, how much did it cost to get an antenna calibrated, and does it really make a big difference?

·
Registered
647 Posts
Well, as far as I know, the proper antenna is crucial to transmitting and receiving a strong signal. The antenna I bought before was cheap, and didn't work worth a $hit. I could only communicate with someone who was a couple of truck lengths away. Now that I had the proper antenna installed I am reaching up to around 5 miles in the city!! I paid $75 for the antenna installed(worth the headache of doing it yourself!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
melloyello, Are you running a good quality CB, or a cheapie? I have a radio shack model, ($49.95) and I am running a stock Kenworth antenna, it works just as good as the Cobra I have in the Kenworth with two antennas, but neither one will go anywhere near five miles.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hey Muddhunter,
I managed to get someone on my CB last night, and you are right the CB I have is a top 'o the line Cobra, and the guy told me I was getting faint around 2km away. So the guy I talked to who said he was 5 miles away must have been on glue!!:D

·
Registered
117 Posts
hey mellow.......I'm gonna steal your antenea, my cb works about ten paces, if that...........maybe I should just steal your cb.......and get that winch bumber back while I'm at it....LOL :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts