BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my swap finished and only have a bit ofbwiring left and the rubber lines to go. I bent all new steel lines from the tank to the motor. I had to buy a new sending unit from Toyota as I broke the steel feed line coming out of it. I took the sending unit to Greenline to get them to make a 2 foot rubber line from the sending unit to the steel line. They didn't have the right fitting to match the fixed threaded nut on the end. I went to acklands, lordco and vancouver auto parts and they didn't have anything. Where should I look next? I need a 2 foot line from the tank to the steel line and a 16" rubber line from the steel line to the fuel filter with a banjo fitting. Any help would be great

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
might help if we knew what kind of fitting it is... metric? imperial? what kind of truck is it on?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, lol. It's an 86 Toyota xtra cab so metric fittings. And it's a 7mge getting swapped in. And I think I remember hearing the guy at greenline saying it was a 14 something-rather, he wasn't talking to me so I'm not sure what it was for sure

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i thought it was a toyota, but ive always got toyotas on my mind..
it would be a metric fitting then, a little harder to find.
did you try going to greggs? i went through all this before trying to get a power steering hose made, i found the bigger hose places dont seem to like doing anything to do with automotive.. maybe try again saying its for your hitachi excavator. I got into it a bit more with the sales staff, as I was shocked they wouldnt make me a hose even though they had all the fittings, and they said it was to do with insurance, blah blah blah..
ironically i ended up at princess auto, getting a hose made, who knows if the kid knew what he was doing but it hasnt failed, yet. they also sell the metric to SAE hydraulic adaptors. I would like to find a better source than PA, i find these fittings low quality and had a few leaks so far.. I know i would have rather had a hose made by a reputable hydraulic shop.

maybe try again, dont specifically mention what its for.. I have had various hoses made at new line, greggs, and green line, it is a bit of trouble to find the metric fittings sometimes. shop around maybe you can find a better source metric to SAE adaptors. then say your hose fails up country, you can get a new hose made with regular common sae fittings, instead of being stranded looking for a metric hose fitting.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to get a powersteering line made too and greenline had no problem making it and did a nice job of it. And they were willing to make the fuel line up but only had #10 and #12 metric fittings. He said he was gonna make some calls and try to track one down though. I was thinking of cutting off the fixed metric end and getting a sae on either put on and flair the line or have it welded on just like it is. Where is Greggs? Do you have a number for them/him? Also, no one I went to today had a flairing tool at their shop or has a decent one for a fair price. I saw a few nice ones for $300+ but i only need a few flairs so that's not an option. Thanks for the help man, keep it coming

·
Registered
163 Posts
i do mobile hydrailic hose repairs..ive made up fuel lines and power steering lines for buddies in the past with no issues.if u want to hook up let me know i could probably make something up for u:beer

also hydraulic supply in port kells probably has the best selection of metric fittings in the lower mainland

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey plastered, where do you mostly work? I live in east van but can drive out to port jells and meet you and grab the right fittings and you can make them up? I got laid off on Thursday so I've got lots of free time now, lol. Do you have a steel fuel line flairing tool? I haven't found a place that has one to use/borrow/rent yet. I need to get the proper male fittings, put them on my new steel line and flair them too if you have the tool. Pm me your number if your down to meet up tomorrow or Wednesday

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Had the same problem trying to find metric fuel fittings for an aux diesel filter I got from Australia. Tried everything in town. Mercedes shop sent me to Avenue Machinery - where he sources fittings. Was the only place in town which stocks a good supply of metric fuel fittings for the Kubota tractors they sell. Also, the price was very good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.