BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting my new job as tire lube guy at a shop in surrey and I need to buy a few tools like an air gun and air ratchet(at first) and i need to know of a few good places to go to get some decently priced good working tools. Any Ideas of where to go? or discounts?? Thanks in advance

------------------
81 rust bucket Bronco 33" muds just for havin fun

·
Registered
4 Posts
KMS tools in coquitlam (close to brunette and lougheed)
the main store is alright, but a but pricey.
try the one that sells the used and cheap tools.
they're about 2 mins from eachother.

[This message has been edited by fender (edited March 09, 2002).]

·
Registered
135 Posts
Canadian tire has lots of tools. Mastercraft and Professional series are very good tools and lifetime warranty.

------------------
1989 toyota,35" MT/R,Locker,solid axle,Bobbed bed 10",4 piaa light

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've bought lots of Craftsman stuff from Sears. Pretty much everything comes on sale for half off at some point. I recently picked up their 1/2" impact wrench for 60% off.

I like those Mastercraft professional wrenches a lot as well (got them for half off as well).

------------------
norm
'85 BJ70

·
Registered
26 Posts
KMS or Princess Auto just off 200th and hwy 10 in Langley.

------------------
97 TJ stock with Big Foot 31's, C.B., mud-BAD > rock-GOOD

·
Registered
78 Posts
Home depot, husky tools are guaranted for life!The air tools are pretty good too.I'm a 3rd year apprentice and i use husky and craftsman. No hassle warranty and priced right!!!

------------------
79 blazer k5/ stock except for 33" wild country's
75 skylark w/455 & posi

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I checked out prices today and it seems that craftsmans air tools were underpowered and only 2 year warranty where as Husky's tools were gauranteed for life and nicely powered for around the same pricing. Looks like Bob Vila's equip is going down. I guess I'll also check out prices with the Snap-On dealer. I'm off to win the lotto now so I'll see you guys around!!

------------------

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Originally posted by t_and_a6:
I guess I'll also check out prices with the Snap-On dealer. I'm off to win the lotto now so I'll see you guys around!!

True, so true...

------------------
Goof
------------------
Hot Wheels Safari Hummer

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you want good tools at decent prices, go Craftsman in the US, the tools down there are made in the states and up here their made in China. Sears in US has a better selection too.

If you want really good tools, you gotta pay the price, Go for Snap-on. I'm a Tech and I use craftsman sockets and wrenches, all my other stuff and tool box are Snap-on. I find that Snap-on's ratchets are the best and all their specialty tools are really good also, but ya goota pay though.

------------------
Tall truck + Short girlfriend = Whining

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anybody got any used tools I could buy, maybe snap-on or craftsman roller tool box and sockets and wrenches, anything at all would just add to the pile=good.thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
465 Posts
go buy your stuff from husky.. i used them for a while and im really fuckin impressed with them.. they are wayy better than sears my opinion.. i have set of sears tools that i got for xmas and stuff like that from parents when i was younger.. and now if i plan to buy new tools.. imgoing for husky tools

they are stronger period.. but never tried snap on so i cannot compare..

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have thousands of $$$ worth of snapon that i got from my grandpa they are awesome but to buy them new is just not worth it, Mack is a better buy.

------------------
475,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)
Pulls like a draft horse, hauls like a pack mule.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts