BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that optima are good batteries but there way to much $$ for my needs..what would u guys recommend and where to buy it?..please don't say cambodian tire, i've had many bad experiences with there batteries..

tia,
allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, ya optima batteries are good. But i'd say, even though you don't want canadian tire, the eliminator. Seems like a good battery, lots of cold cranking amps. My normal canadian battery is holding up great to my winch and bashing it takes.
Jordan

------------------
WANTED:
33x12.50MT's, 4.10/4.56 Gears, YJ/TJ flares

·
Registered
183 Posts
eliminator from crappy tire is good they will also jump ya for free if ya run it down but only 1 time

------------------
SOLD!!!!!!
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<NOW SPORTIN A CHEVY>

·
Registered
109 Posts
awile back i picked up 2 gel batteries(not optima)that were factory defects(missing handles) from EDMONDS BATTERIES on edmonds street in burnaby.they were incredible, ran them with big stereo winch 6 off road lights in a full size jimmy.i think i paid around $60.00 for each.went camping and ran the stero for 3 days strait and it fired right up.give them a call and see if they have more you never know.

------------------
WORK WEEKENDS, ALL WEEK TO WHEEL WITH LESS CROWDS

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been happy with the Napa Brands. They seems to be the only ones that last for me. Got them in two work vehicles and soon to add a new one to the Sonoma in replace of brand X. I've had quite a few different ones over time, and the ones that seem most dissapointing to me are the Magnacharge batteries. I run the Eliminators from Can tire on the tractors, they seem to aid in starting on colder days moreso than other brands, including those with the same CCA rates.

------------------
Pi$$ on the ceiling... Any ******* can Pi$$ on the floor.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by CRUIZER:
awile back i picked up 2 gel batteries(not optima)that were factory defects(missing handles) from EDMONDS BATTERIES on edmonds street in burnaby.they were incredible, ran them with big stereo winch 6 off road lights in a full size jimmy.i think i paid around $60.00 for each.went camping and ran the stero for 3 days strait and it fired right up.give them a call and see if they have more you never know.
great call on the battery there cruizer..went to edmunds battery got a new one for $56 factory blemish...u get 2 year replacement warranty and 5 year pro-rated..it's a original oem battery..man those guys rock...

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
INTERSTATE they withstand complete drains and charges without loosing (lead disuplhides) i think... which react in the equation to create power.
good pro warrantie too

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.