Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Your on crack get a yota

Votes: 24 38.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i may be buying a new vehicle in the near future if I get rid of my 4-runner. I want a diesel, i guess the three choices are Dodge, Chevy and ford(all 90-94 ish). i am not really biast to any of these brands cause i normally have driven a Yota. but i am sic of the crappy power. so let me know the ups and downs of these trucks.

·
Registered
277 Posts
if you want something that looks good, get a chevy.
everyone knows you cant pick up chicks in anything else! :D

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the chev wins looks wise hands down, but I just want something that will run good.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
IMHO If you're buying a diesel the only truck to get in that era in a Dodge. The non turbo Powerstrokes and the Chev Diesels don't compare.

Now if you're talking a new truck, I think the Chev is the way to go. :D (not that I'm biased or anything)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i voted chevy when i ment to vote for ford.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Early to mid 90's, Dodge hands down...my reason 'cause they are as tough as freaken nails. They don't look too bad either. My Dad had one and he put 330,000km on that Hummin Cummins before he traded it.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I voted Yota...but it was also half for Dodge.

Existing 4Runner + Dodge drivetrain = Very nice truck.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
It is funny when you actually go into logging camps or into the back woods where trucks are actually $hit kicked, the only thing people are driving around are Fords...I am extremely biased though...6.2 chevys are lame I think that was AM Genrals biggest mistake with the Hummer's

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you are looking for a truck for street use and to show of to your buddies, then buy either truck is nice, depending on what you want to drive. But if you are looking for something that will give you the best years of its life spent in the bush and getting bashed and trashed, then you get a ford. they are the most common trucks used for bush trucks. logging companies use them, saw mills use them, even paper mills use them. I know a lot of companies on the Island that use only fords for their company trucks. They beat Chev and Dodge hands down furshur

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I f you talk of trucks pre- 1990, then late sixty's to early 70's Fords are very cool. I like '69 Ford full size 4x4 of that era.

·
Registered
443 Posts
if you want a tough diesel the new heavy duty F350s perform real well and look pretty good, Dodge's are probably the best, But I'll always be a chevy man!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts