BC 4x4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 3126 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
me and my buds will be game be nice to try out our new crewcab short box chevy 15" lift on 46' claws hehe and 700hp BBC !!!

·
473 Posts
Assuming i can get the time off work i'm game for another whipsaw run.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Chris Mark me down with Kids as well !

Im sure ille have two of mine and probably a couple of their freinds !

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm out for that weekend - 2 birthdays planned.

Maybe something brewing on the Jeep club site for the July 19, 20 weekend, but if nothing happens there dammit I'm goin up in August Lol.

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
Beast and I were discussing it this evening over beers and I've decided I should take my Ranger up there and finally initiate it's body work on some rocks. If its down for the count I can always park at my gramp's place in Princeton again and ride the quad. I just had way too much fun being on it up there for 4 days last year, gotta love the fact it used a grand total of 5 gallons the entire time :D Dropped at bottom of Whipsaw FSR and rode the KVR back into Princeton right on to the trailer. The only downside? Nothing really to challenge it except for some muddy quad trails by Wells Lk and the rock climb, I was in low gear 2wd the rest of the time. (If I were to push it, I could do the entire trail as a loop in a few hours on it)

3rd time running the 'saw, gets better and better each time up. July 18-20 is out for me due to Larson Hill quad gathering this year. LR

·
Registered
315 Posts
This could be the makings of a Whipsaw double tour package.

I'm out for that weekend - 2 birthdays planned.

Maybe something brewing on the Jeep club site for the July 19, 20 weekend, but if nothing happens there dammit I'm goin up in August Lol.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah Ford never mentioned that part in the showroom eh
I don`t think so, but sometimes I wonder if Toyota`s marketing plan was to surrender your originality, and be just like every second rig out there. -I could be wrong though.

:beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
I don`t think so, but sometimes I wonder if Toyota`s marketing plan was to surrender your originality, and be just like every second rig out there. -I could be wrong though.

:beer_cheers:
Yeah it's tough being so popular off-road...I guess that's a side effect of being the best.

:******* :******* :*******

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Or you can surrender your ego and just buy a samurai.
That way you get all the goods in one package.

:whiteflag:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Are we bashing toyotas? im lost?

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
I don`t think so, but sometimes I wonder if Toyota`s marketing plan was to surrender your originality, and be just like every second rig out there.
Ok, that remark is completely out of line. That kind of thinking really makes my blood boil and want to start banning people from this board.

If you had any real trail experience, you would know that every second rig out there is most likely a JEEP! ;-)

Oh...I just noticed that you were probably talking about vehicle styling and the trucks that you see on the street, right? If so then...never mind.

On another, somewhat more serious note, I'm still seeing lots of Jeeps and Toyotas on the trail but for some reason, Suzukis are dwindling. And Land Cruisers are virtually non-existent. Maybe they're sticking together and not going out on mixed vehicle outings? Did a Suzuki version of Coastal Cruisers develop and are all the Suzukis 'wheeling by themselves, now?

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
568 Posts
On another, somewhat more serious note, had to chime in, but seems any cruisers or sidekicks up in central b.c. have been gotten a hold of by macgyver and been turned into unreliable worthless junk. it's hard to find a decent one that hasnt been driven hard and put away wet, altho it seems like there are still lots of tj's yj's and xj's around that havent even hit dirt or 4wd yet im sure. so it makes sense why you still see them on the trails. I'm wondering what the next off road cult phenomenon is. Should i start stocking up on kia sportages? :*******

·
Registered
278 Posts
I drive a toyota... its not very original... but sign me up! Ive done the trail twice with bushpiggy and a few others.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No I am not bashing Yotas, I have had 3 of them.
My Samurai is just a mini one.
Zukes and Toyotas are found on every continent all over the globe in the most extreme terrain.
That is alot more than marketing.

Lars...we(suzuki peeps) are all in a very secret club. :*******

Seriously I spend 1 often 2 weekends out a month.
No idea where everyone else is, but I wheel with Yota's, Cruisers, Zukes, and Jeeps.
Nothing at all against full sizes either, just don't know too many people with them.....price of gas and all.
Did Whipsaw the first time with 2 Bronco II's.
I was very supprised with how well they did the trail.

Sounds like this Whipsaw group will be a good mix.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Chris mentioned this to me on another board and as long as the financial situation goes the way it is right now, I will be there.
I heard about whipshaw from a co-worker a few years back and it sounded good.

So put me down for a definate...maybe, Chris.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
There will definatley be a huge variety of trucks goin :) Should make it fun !

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Yeah the truck bashing thing is all good fun and i will run with any other brand no problem.
Looking forward to this.

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Ah yes, brand bashing. Always a good time, as long as it is kept in good fun. Just remember though, heaven forbid
that "your brand" has a problem on the trail, you know you won't live it down. Luckily I drive a Bronco, so I won't
have to worry about that.

Anyways, the list is all up to date. Looking like quite the crew so far. :beer_cheers:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Ah yes, brand bashing. Always a good time, as long as it is kept in good fun. Just remember though, heaven forbid
that "your brand" has a problem on the trail, you know you won't live it down/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing:laugh

41 - 60 of 3126 Posts