BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to wire up my system so my headlights are running lights. {always on with eng on/always off with eng off}.

and maby even so the 3rd click on the switch turns them off {when eng is on}. but that is much less important. and maby impossable because it is a "normaly open" switch.

what can i do ?
wire the lights to a "eng" lead out of the fuse box insted of from the HL swithch??

thx for any hepl/insight

------------------
email - [email protected]
*WANTED* any used winch or a deal on a new one
-Red 1988 short cab toyata v6 31's 3" lift
-white 1992 dr650s, cobra exaust, jetted, stripped down, 14/47 gearing, trackmaster II's

·
Registered
183 Posts
vey easy to do with some wire splicers and a relay and some wire just have to hook the acc switch from the harness to the relay then gronund the relay and run a 12v to it and the other end goes to the wire that is 12v when lights are on and nothing when switch is off. sounds difficult but easy for someone who is an eletrical master like me and installs alarms and keyless entry and everything........

------------------
81 3/4 ton chevy w/ 7" susp lift & 3" body lift
NEW 35" mud-terrains, pro-comp off-road lights
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are talking about day time running light? I you are they sell day time running light kit at canadian tire. It will say how to do it.

------------------
1989 toyota,35" MT/R,Locker,solid axle,Bobbed bed 10",revolvers,4 piaa 5" lights

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there anything that crappy tire doesnt have?????
just kidding, i hat most of the junk there but some stuff is a good f-ing pric there.

------------------
-white 1992 dr650s, cobra exaust, jetted, stripped down, 14/47 gearing, trackmaster II's

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is no store that is better than crappy. There is no other store that has everything you need in one store. Canadian has a bad rep. I do not know why?

------------------
1989 toyota,35" MT/R,Locker,solid axle,Bobbed bed 10",revolvers,4 piaa 5" lights

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by mike c:
There is no store that is better than crappy. There is no other store that has everything you need in one store. Canadian has a bad rep. I do not know why?

As long as you just buy stuff and don't actually let them TOUCH your truck they are fine.... If you let them do work you will regret it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I work at the canadian tire in abby. All crappy tire have bad rep's but, I do not know of any shop that work on more cars than us in a day. We are mosty 4x4ers there and we do good work. Sometimes every does f**k up but it does not happen much alot all. You must have been not the lucky one buy the sounds of it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by mike c (edited March 13, 2002).]

·
Registered
29 Posts
I AM THE ELECTRICAL GOD!!!

I have a sweet set of relays and swtiches I put together to power my electric locker.

Jasonsped is right, two 12V relays will work just fine. Find any wire in your harness that is on when the truck is running/off when the truck is off. Then tap it, run it to the switch side of the relay, and the full 12V from the batt to the switched outputs. Then connect the lights to that output wire and voila!

If you can find the wire that corresponds to the full twist light on state from the stalk of the steering wheel, hook that to the switch side of the second relay ( so that the relay is normally closed), and put the switched side in line with the solid 12V line that powers the first relay. Then when you turn the stalk to the normal spot to turn the lights on, it will open the relay and the 12V line to the lights will be cut off and they will go out.

NO PROBLEMS.

------------------
87 runner, 4500 lbs dry, auto tranny, 22RE, very slow on hills, flats and downhills....
http://members.shaw.ca/rpkennedy/

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k thx i think i can do it with that info

could you do me a quick diagam. im really good with them......less word is good for meee

thx

------------------

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are the electical god, can you have a look at my post on brake lights, i am completely baffled and need help. I posted at 9:30 Mar15. I'd appreciate it.
Cheers
Yari

1 - 11 of 11 Posts