BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On saturday the 23, I was driving to work down Mariner in Coquitlam about 11:00 am.

That's when I saw it. Probably the biggest sammy I have ever seen. My first thought was, oh crap, I hope a cop doesn't stop that guy.

It's a brown/red hard body, with 35's, and here is the cool part, I think dana 60's. You could stand on the axel between the body and the tire no problem. The tires were at least 2 ft out of the wells on either side. It soulded like a semi driving by me. (And "sniff," made my cruiser look very small)

Big time cool. So who owns it? I Love your rig!

------------------
Jeeps are not for girls.
They are for BITCHES.

Mean 1980 FJ40 Cruiser

·
Registered
53 Posts
I saw it to but a few day ago
I was going to pick up my tires and I was up on austin and this thing was nice had no flares on the side andit looked like the tires where sticking out at least 15 inches who ever you are very nice rig
but I think mine will be bigger
Chubby

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
60's eh? I hate it when people beat me to the punch. I guess I better get going on the old proj before someone starts using rockwells and I'm not on top of the food chain. Are 37's big?

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got 37's for my sammy... I think any bigger is a little top heavy.. 37 seems to be the key number in rock-crawling events so that's why I decided on them.... I plan on competing in some events down south this summer...

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Hey Caltow,
You've been hiding a little bit recently. 37's eh? If you don't mind, Jayzuk and I would be into checking out the progress since you got it. Keep in touch as I'm going to need someone who can keep up to me when my truck is done. (besides our trucks have always competed for being top dog since stock!)

So what 37's did you get? I'm contemplating between Sticky Mickey's claws, SSR's or the new procomp x terrain (the 37X??? R16.5 isn't out till summer -- I think that's what I read).

Kev,
I guess those curbs on your street are getting a little tough to get up with the 35's huh? Wait a minute you don't even have curbs on your street. bhaahahahaahahhahaha!

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by Shogunator:
Hey Caltow,
You've been hiding a little bit recently. 37's eh? If you don't mind, Jayzuk and I would be into checking out the progress since you got it. Keep in touch as I'm going to need someone who can keep up to me when my truck is done. (besides our trucks have always competed for being top dog since stock!)

So what 37's did you get? I'm contemplating between Sticky Mickey's claws, SSR's or the new procomp x terrain (the 37X??? R16.5 isn't out till summer -- I think that's what I read).

Kev,
I guess those curbs on your street are getting a little tough to get up with the 35's huh? Wait a minute you don't even have curbs on your street. bhaahahahaahahhahaha!

Well, in all honesty, I have no progress becuase I am still waiting on that adaptor from OTT... I hate the waiting. I can't put any of my drivtrain in till I get it, which I am told will be the end of next week. I have every single part I need to finish this truck and I must say I have spent a fortune. I've got lockers front and rear, new carriers, install kits for the 5.38's that came with the truck, already had the motor, got the tranny and transfercases, got 4.7's from All Pro, and I got 37" boggers through my brothers' work (he works at Kal Tire). I also picked up some new seats, steering wheel, 9012's blah blah blah...... you get the picture.... I already told Jay I'd bring the truck by when I'm done... which should be end of march. Can't wait to get this thing rolling. The only thing I'm worried about is the tires fitting with the minimal lift. I'm not afraid to cut the fenders, but with all this rear flex I just might have to move the stance up a bit.

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Caltow,
Trust me when I know what you mean in the $$,$$$.$$ department. IF you count the dollar signs you can tell how many figures I've spent on my truck in the last year and I'm no where near done. Just my opinion, but keep it low and tub it. If the uptravel is still too much limit it with bumpstops. I've seen many things over my wheeling career and balance is the most critical when you look at the most successful setups. Especially for rock crawling. I plan on tubbing mine out substantially in the rear and building a tubed front end (the design is done I just need to get the suspension finished to get the cab back on). The main concern I had with J's set up was the lightness of spring rates in the rear (he knows that but it was an experiment). To make the front work and thus keep balance it needs to be limited in some way (either a stiffer spring rate or an adjustable dampening device -- RS 9's). I wouldn't do anything with it until you try it out a bit first.
Anyhow, good luck to you and don't forget to let us see! Maybe you can swing by and check out the "other" project sometime.

PS OTT stuff is worth waiting for.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanks for the words... I was already planning on getting different coils.. they are way too soft for my likeing. I was thinking tj coils. I do plan on tubbing the rear and building a tube front-end like scawfish's. And I did buy rs9000's like you suggested (9012's). But like you say, I wanna try it out first. I was gonna do front coils too, but I start school in june so I wanna be able to wheel lots before I go to school. Plus I dirt-bike too (another expensive hobby) so I wanna have some fun before school starts. I'll send you an email.. I've got some question's for you about my rig that you might be able to help me with. Plus I'd love to check your project out. Cheers!

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Hey Caltow,
I hope I catch you before you send that e-mail or you read this post again. The e-mail on my profile doesn't work anymore and I'm too laszy to get another one. I'll e-mail you from work on monday. I can't put my work e-mail on this board (policy).

Any how I'll talk to you later.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still no word on who's it is????

------------------
Jeeps are not for girls.
They are for BITCHES.

Mean 1980 FJ40 Cruiser

·
Registered
45 Posts
Originally posted by Shogunator:
Hey Caltow,
I hope I catch you before you send that e-mail or you read this post again. The e-mail on my profile doesn't work anymore and I'm too laszy to get another one. I'll e-mail you from work on monday. I can't put my work e-mail on this board (policy).

Any how I'll talk to you later.

Sounds good. I got the email sent back to me so it didn't go through. Talk to you later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The guy who owns that truck is my buddy, Al.
They aren't D60's though, nice try. So someone is still to be crowned the cool guy with axles that weigh more than your truck. Why not try Gammas or Portals ??
Anyway, he doesn't come to this board anymore because some of you guys dicked him around on some posts long ago. Don't know who so don't get all upety. Just thought I'd let ya know.

------------------
have you beaten a suzuki lately?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts