BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Following in the footprints of BC's history
4,911 Posts
Too bad they're restricted up here.. so you're SOL on the yotes and 'dogs unless they happen to run across the range. LR

·
4,911 Posts
Anything AR-related is restricted.. unfortunately. If they weren't, then I'd have one in the back window of my pickup at all times. LR

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lone Ranger, if your interested in a AR type rifle thats non restricted check out the Robinson Armament XCR. It comes in .223 and 7.62x39 (so you can shoot the cheap surplus). You can get the .223 model for about $2500 and a conversion kit for 7.62x39 for about $750. I dont own one yet but have shot many and they are an awsome rifle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think it has anythign to due with barrel length, the AR15's have legal barrel length but are still restricted. may have to do with the fact it is an assualt rifle....
actually, years ago when they came out with all the firearm prohibitions, the AR was originally prohibited by OIC also. the Dominion Marksman Rifle Association of Canada proved to the council that there was a purpose, as at that time there was alot of service rifle matches and most competitors were using the AR type rifles for matches. the council relented and made the AR and all variants prescribed restricted. doesn't matter how long the barrel is 3 inches to 26, all AR's are restricted.

PS, there is no such thing as a legal assault rifle. all assault rifles are full automatic. can't buy them as a civilian.

·
4,911 Posts
No, an SKS isn't considered an 'assault rifle' even though it technically is a variant of the AK, they're still just a rifle. Why its not, I don't know, but I do know that there's thousands of them out there and pretty much every firearms owner owns one or two of them - I mean, who can pass up a semi-auto rifle and 1100 round ammo package for under $300??

I guess its kinda the same as deal the Ruger mini 14 perhaps. LR

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.