BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when im going like 70 or so down a hill, my truck will start to shake really bad and it feels like the engines just gonna fall out. im thinking it has something to do with the brakes because i got them fixed and the place screwed them up and thats when this problem occured so i took it back and they found a broken spring in the brakes. everything was fine for a while and then it started to do it again so i took it back and they loosened my e-brake and the problem stopped but yesterday, my e-brake seized again on me so i just unhooked the thing but the shake is still there. could it be because i drove the truck a little ways with the e-brake seized? did this seize my brakes and now its affecting how fast i go? this is the weirdest problem ive had. what could it be.

------------------
-Ryan

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
id go back to the shop and tell em to make it right, if it didnt di it before than insits that it didnt,

i work at a shop and we usually wont do anything if you come back a month later and complain that it did this thing right after you worked on it but i didnt bother coming in for a month cuz... i was busy. shops have to deal with alot of bs and crap so be as honest as you can and keep going back until they find the problem/cause.

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/89 efi/8.5" lift/5:29+elocker/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
75 Posts
If they screwed your brakes up then they should warranty their work. Gumbom is right. Make sure you don't leave it or they'll use any excuse to get out of having to fix it for free.

------------------
Peter
82 Toy, 31" 10.5's, header, Flowmaster, K&N, Ranchos, but still pretty stock

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, i actually took it in this morning and they did it for free. it doesnt shake anymore and everythings good. apparently it was the e-brake putting tension on the brakes everytime i used it and it would make the brakes tighter everytime

------------------
-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts