BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 93 4x4 chev pickup and if he runs a 3" body will that clear 33's and what are the bad points on cranking up the tortion bars and if you do crank them up how much lift will he get and to equal out that lift do you just run rear blocks

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

G

·
My book says minimum 4" suspension for 33's. So 3" body with some minor fender mods and they should fit. As for cranking the tortion bars up, I've done it a bit and it seems to be ok. I'd only crank them up to get about an inch or so and put an add-a-leaf in the back.
The only problem is both of these will stiffen it up, so it won't articulate as easy.
Oh, by the way, mine is a 94 1/2 ton Chev.

[This message has been edited by JC BAZINET (edited March 07, 2002).]

·
Registered
600 Posts
On that truck you can fit 285/75/R16 (basically a 33) if you run them on the STOCK rims.

If he wheels it hard, he may need to do some very very minor fender trimming.

check out the IFS board at www.off-road.com, 285's fit on the stock rims.

------------------
1978 GMC 3/4T 350/465/205 dents scratches some mods and 265/75/16 BFG M/T

[This message has been edited by beaterchevy (edited March 07, 2002).]

·
Registered
453 Posts
my friend has an 89 long box bith 3in body and 33's the truck is hardley off road and when it is it never sees anything crazy he does fine. I would suggest maybe a slight torsion bar twist but not too major as it will make them prone to breaking and it will definatley stiffen the ride as said before, maybe a 1in torsion lift and a 2in rear lift shackle

------------------
Project MudhuckerII is now underway and movin ahead

G

·
the problem with cranking torsion bars is increased wear on ball joint and alignment problems also cv joint increased wear an inch or so will be ok for a while but it will catch up to you

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SO A 3" BODY AND 1 INCH TORSION BAR SHOULD CLEAR 33'S AND THE BALL JOINTS AND EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FINE

AND WHO MAKES 10.5 33"S

------------------
Sold 85 Toyota extra cab 4x4 2" lift 33" BFG M/T with lots of tire rub!
Wanted 84/85 4runner, needed a few more seats less rust, and a beter FRAME.

·
Registered
600 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts