BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 35's fit in a 86 runner with a 3" body lift? other than the body lift the runner has no other suspension up grades. i have ran 33x14x15 boggers last summer. the tires going on would be 35x1250x15 bfg km's. what do you guys think?
later

·
Registered
29 Posts
No problemo. I ran 33" Interco Thornbirds with no lift and no rubbing. A 3" lift and the smallish BFG 35's shouldn't be a problem.

------------------
87 runner, 4500 lbs dry, auto tranny, 22RE, very slow on hills, flats and downhills....
http://members.shaw.ca/rpkennedy/

·
Registered
161 Posts
you might have to hammer in the firewall.

------------------

83 toy, long box, 22r, 35's, locked rear end, prerunner bumper,

·
Registered
183 Posts
yea thats the only way to go

------------------
SOLD!!!!!!
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<NOW SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 350 in my runner and my top speed is 90kmh. i need to use some of that power, i think bigger tires are they way to go.

·
1,269 Posts
I ran 35s with a 4" susp and some torsion bar lovin'.
I'd wager a guess that you're going to rub a little.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have 35"12.5"15" on my truck and i only have 3-4" suspension, but my tires do hit my front springs when turning "sharp", but that is it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
They will rub. Period.

The first thing I did when I got my truck was the 3" body lift, then put on 35" BFG's for a couple of weeks while waiting for my suspension parts. It was rediculous. They looked about as foolish as a stock jeep trying to fit 31's. Rediculous. I wouldn't have dreamed of leaving the pavement with that setup...I couldn't even turn into a gas station without rubbing the firewall/seam. 33's may be ok. 35's will not.

By the way, I have 8" of total lift right now (and haven't moved the front end forward yet) and can still rub the seam when I'm going through anything twisty.

·
1,269 Posts
Remember he has IFS so he doesn't have to worry about suspension travel causing rubbing up front. However I do agree that the rubbing will occur. Perhaps it's time to cut those fenders a little?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

[This message has been edited by Big Bad Pete (edited February 14, 2002).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts