BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k i have a 03 silverado and wanting to straight axle it and instead of runing a ford dana 60 i have a chevy but the front shaft on the wrong side so will a 80's transferacase bolt in or do i ahve to change tranny and trans

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was thinking of doing sort of the same swap. The bolt pattern is the same and works (I put a /96 nv4500 infront of an /86 np205 with no adaptor) you need to notice how deep the splines mesh, I would think an 4L80 or whatever it's called and an old 208 from a t400 (32 spline) would fit together just fine. Good luck.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Got to think again......my buddy is trying this right now and found that there is not enough spline engagement (1/2) inch.....stock is 2". Make sure about this before you break in the bush. :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a different T-case (205) but when I put a 2000 4L80E into my 80 Chevy I had to change the output shaft. The 4L80E used 5 different output shafts, I had to get a 2wd slip yoke shaft and have it cut down to the proper length on a lathe. Unless he has a 6.0L I would think the tranny would be a 4L60E which should have the same problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had to change the 205 input shaft from a 32 spline 4spd model to an 32 spline t400 model to bolt it up to a nv4500 to make it work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.