BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new girl around here and was wondering if anyone knows a cheap and reliable place in or near Vancouver to get a winch put on my Jeep? I've already bought the winch, but not only do I not know how to put it on, but it is far too heavy for me to lift.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Do you have a bumper the winch will fit into?? What kind of car do you drive, what winch did you buy??

Bring it to me I will install it for you. Only cost you the gas to get out here and a timmies card.

·
SNOWMAN
508 Posts
i have a couple of days off this week and could do it as well

·
Registered
853 Posts
Lol if you were a dude no one would be offering.... too funny....

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Correct. There's probably less offers than usual this time because we don't want to be accused of having alterior motives.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
installing winches, lift kits and stuff like that is fun. i would throw in an offer too but don't have time.

i am looking forward to helping 4lo install his winch on his dakota.... aside from the ac condensor attacking me everytime i look at it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh haha, yeah see I didn't even know that a winch bumper existed cause i just figured that it sat on top of my bumper somehow - that's why I need you guys haha. Yes, I will be purchasing one of those then... Is that the best place to get them, just from that site?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
you should probably just buy one at north shore off road or jeap thrills. it shouldn't cost too much more locally.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Check Craigslist for the winch plate. I see them come up often there.

Shop rates are about a hundred an hour. Timmies cards are way cheaper.

A few of us have offered our services, it's up to you what you want to do.

Aren't we a groovy bunch...lmao

·
SNOWMAN
508 Posts
Last time bought a champion winch ( for my trailer) it came with the mounting plate etc
Does this not have the plate in the kit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sweet, you guys are so awesome! I'm just out of town right now until next Monday, but when I come back I'll open up that box and see what's inside. I didn't want to open it just in case I lost pieces as I move around a lot. So yeah I'll open it up and if there's no mounting plate then I'll look on craigslist and hit one of you fine lads for some installation help :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
If that link is right it looks like you bought the one with the 2" receiver plate you may want to purchase a front and rear 2" receiver kit. And the extra wiring to let you run it front and rear. I did that on my grand cherokee and it has been handy for me... i dont have to turn around to drag my buddies yota out of the stuff he can't get through... just throw it on the back and pull him through.... also you can keep the winch in the jeep to protect it form weather.

hitch should be class 3 or 4 at least.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts