BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has some big plans for their Jeep this winter? Things like major engine swaps, new trannies, or even small things like putting on a winch? I'd be interested to hear what other people are up to.

As for me if all goes as planned I will be getting my Jeep back on the road after almost 3 years of it being stored. I have finally moved out of an apartment and into my own house with a garage, so now I have an area to work on the Jeep!

------------------
1988 YJ Laredo

G

·
I just finnished installing a 4X4posilok (not a locker) and a couple of nifty gadgets like a switch to route my CB sound through the stereo speakers. NOthing Major though.

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
102 Posts
how do you route cb through speakers?
mono cable to ext -> some kinda switch where it's split and then you just tapped into the speaker wire somewhere on either side?
is that how?

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm going to finish my full width axle conversion. 14 bolt in the rear and Dana 44 up front. Going to look sweet on my CJ. The 14 bolt is all ready to go. Just need to get some gears for the 44 and then do the steering. Should keep me busy while it's cold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm going to finish my full width axle conversion. 14 bolt in the rear and Dana 44 up front. Going to look sweet on my CJ. The 14 bolt is all ready to go. Just need to get some gears for the 44 and then do the steering. Should keep me busy while it's cold.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
It helps if you have a stereo with an auxiliary input jack. Which is cool cause then you can adjust the bass and treble of your CB.
If you don't have the input available then you're talking about a switch to go from stereo to cb speakers. A common RadioShack part.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, Slightly Wrinkled.
69 Ford, big tires.
72 Datsun 510, old and ugly.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
well this is my list of things to get done.
- swap in dana300 tcase (already have twin sticks, just need the case.
- a full cage that i am going to get done (christmas and birthday gift from my girl~haha)
- swap housings to a dana44 with passenger side drop. (with detroit)
- cj front clip and dash board (started this already)

that is about it for the jeep this winter. it is a smaller list than last winter but it should make for some fun times.

------------------
'93 sahara ~ rancho springs, SOA, EB axles, detroit, 35s, and hi steer in the works

G

·
Actually all it took was a ON-OFF-ON 2 pole toggle switch and a terminal strip with a few jumpers on'em. I tapped straight off the internal speaker.

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds great everyone!
For me to get the Jeep running I will have to rebuild my tired 258, new exhaust to replace the rusty pipe I got in there now, brakes will need to be done and oh ya my clutch is toast( but I actually just wanna put an auto tranny in but we'll see)

Basically I abused this vehicle for a number of years and when it finally died on me I parked it for 3 years. Now it's time to see if i can breath some life back into it...

Time for me to start reading some books and asking questions here.

------------------
1988 YJ Laredo

G

·
Originally posted by Y-James:
Sounds great everyone!
For me to get the Jeep running I will have to rebuild my tired 258, new exhaust to replace the rusty pipe I got in there now, brakes will need to be done and oh ya my clutch is toast( but I actually just wanna put an auto tranny in but we'll see)

I feel for you. Why not sell it and start again?

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Originally posted by Dan:
It helps if you have a stereo with an auxiliary input jack. Which is cool cause then you can adjust the bass and treble of your CB.
If you don't have the input available then you're talking about a switch to go from stereo to cb speakers. A common RadioShack part.

Hey, now THERE'S an idea. If I wire my overhead sound bar speakers to my CB with a switch I can flip I'll get much clearer sound from my CB.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.