BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wipers are no longer wipeing, there actually smudgeing the rain\snow now..was just wondering what's the difference in them and is there one kind u guys would highly reccomend...they range from $6.99 to $19.99..

tia,

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" lift with 32's.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have tried many different types and brands. For winter, I run those rubber covered ones, also good in mud. They don't let mud or snow get caught in the blade framework and smear as they sweep. For normal conditions of rain... Bosch. They seem to be the best. Also, when you replace the blades wash the glass with 20/10 stuff in the little green bottle with a white cap. Then clean it again with glass cleaner. This takes the film off the window.
Works like a charm.

------------------
Loose nut behind the Wheel

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
I am using those rubber covered "winter blades" on my truck, works pretty good for me. You can pick them up at Cambodian Tire.

------------------
Leo
'01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping, otherwise completely stock.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

[This message has been edited by 1badfordtruck (edited January 18, 2002).]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Bosch, the only way to go. Been using them for ever. Always work great.

------------------
Hard work often pays off after time, but lazyness always pays off now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Off topic, but Greg, I want your rear bumper... where can I get one, and what does it cost?

------------------
Love is like a snowmobile ride across the frozen tundra, then your ski doo flips pinning you underneath. At night the Ice Weasels come!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Actually the best wipers out there now are PIAA wipers new to Canada. They were developed in Japan for rally cars. I have a set on the van. You can be driving in a hard down poor on the highway and only need intermitent wipers.. I would go with PIAA for sure..

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

·
Registered
39 Posts
Other than wipers, buy a bottle of rain-x. I just tried that stuff, and I find that I rarely use my wipers anymore.

------------------
98 Dakota

·
Project Unlimited
726 Posts
Originally posted by joel2:
Other than wipers, buy a bottle of rain-x. I just tried that stuff, and I find that I rarely use my wipers anymore.
I have tried rain-x as well as rain away and was not very happy with it. It wore off in about 3 days. I am now using stuff called stp vision blade, I put it on my windshield 7 months ago and it still works great. You can pick it up at Canuck Wheel and it costs like $10.

------------------
Leo
'01 Ford Ranger, BFG M/T's, custom dents and westcoast pinstriping, otherwise completely stock.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Crappy Tire teflon winter blades together with rain x works fine for me. Now only if we'd get some winter.
Shawnboy.

------------------
If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i think there bosch but just buy the ones that they sell at Wal-Mart they work the best. I don't what i was thinking when i spent $10 a pice for the PIAA ones

1 - 12 of 12 Posts