BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering when they are available? Can you buy them already? I saw a yellow Jeep in town today and it said Rubicon on the hood, just wondering if he was fakin' it.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pretty sure he was faking it. I think they come out in June.

My big plan is to grab one of these puppys in a couple years when they have been on the market for awile.
They sound seriously impressive - for a stock vehicle, even a modified one.

------------------
1987 3" lifted YJ with 31" KOs new paint etc.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Dealers have been doing "Rubicon" packages for a while. Many have a mountain graphic down the side with "Rubicon" over it. Mine just has the word "Rubicon" instead of "Sport".

Pricing and availability to be announced sometime in May.
No actual confirmation that they will even be available here, but if they aren't I'm going to be pissed. I plan on selling or trading my 2000 TJ for a Rubicon as soon as they hit the market.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Chris S:
Dealers have been doing "Rubicon" packages for a while. Many have a mountain graphic down the side with "Rubicon" over it. Mine just has the word "Rubicon" instead of "Sport".
I was about to suggest it might've been you coming down for the 4WDABC AGM!

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Originally posted by lars:
I was about to suggest it might've been you coming down for the 4WDABC AGM!

...lars

No such luck. I had to make a trip to Alberta a few weeks back that took all the money I had set aside for going to the AGM.
Plus I don't have a front drive shaft in the TJ right now.

------------------
Chris S.
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This guy's truck was bright yellow, had the 31" MTRs (or at least I think they were 31s) and said RUBICON in big black letters down the side of the hood just like the ones in the pictures. He also had some brutishly large roof rack/jerry can carrier.

------------------

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Could be the real thing being driven to an auto show, or it could be somebody's copy.

------------------
Chris S.
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
An auto show in Abbotsford?
He had some big yellow windshield banner too but I can't for the life of me remember what it said.

------------------

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
An auto show in Abbotsford?
He had some big yellow windshield banner too but I can't for the life of me remember what it said.

Isn't there an auto show in BC place next week?

------------------
Chris S.
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm on the same page as BradMad. Wait a couple of years and hope to find one then. Besides, just swapped the YJ for a ZJ (family on way) and need time to semimod that for some fun.

As for the car show, went to the one is Calgary and no Rubicon to be seen. I was choked. They had a Sahara and a Sport (with Jamboree decals all over it). BC might be different. Was hoping they might have a Rubby out for me to pick apart. Oh well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts