BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an engine for my 1990 4runner.. Its an automatic, and am having a hard time locating one. Please help! :help: I am missing the mud!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The drive is no big deal.. Does it run well? Or is there any issues I should know about before hand? And just to confirm its the 22re not the 22ret correct?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
22re, seems to run well puffs a bit of smoke on start up. Typical valve tick, just need to be adjusted. I just bought the truck, was going to fix it up but have too many projects so have started parting it out now.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I have one as well ... same price .. long block only , no accessories !!
no smoke , but leaks oil from some seals
from /94 RN110

i'm coming to Van for the Lordco trade show , so could deliver to PNE grounds . (with deposit only)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ youngun, sorry last question. Is the engine coming out of an automatic vehicle or a standard? If it is auto ill take it and when can I come get it?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
its in a manual 4runner.
Also has some oil leaks like any 22re.

Has no alternator, or power steering. Water pump, dizzy, exhaust mani, fan, etc will come with it.

Its still in the truck so will need time to pop it out

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
how are the lordco trade shows corey? its on a monday and tuesday?? seems like strange days to have it
usually during the week , so this is actually why I dont get to come down for it .
spend lots of money , but save lots as well .. so it's really good .
not sure now that I can deliver , dosnt look like I will be driving .... still not positive though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@ youngun let me know when you think you can have yours out and ready to go. I will definately take it just need to know when I can grab it.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
ok sounds good, im sick today taking it easy at home. I will let ya know when I have it pulled

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@ Youngun... I was just wondering if I would be able to come grab that engine April 6th? That's the next day I have off. Let me know if that works for you. Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have one in Coquitlam if you don't want to drive to kelowna ... Pretty clean motor around 200kms on it fresh tune up and some other things recently done to it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts