BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found what looks like a dana 35 but it has a screw plug instead of rubber and the cover has torx bolts . what am i looking at ? any help appreciated:confused:

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
dryflyin said:
i found what looks like a dana 35 but it has a screw plug instead of rubber and the cover has torx bolts . what am i looking at ? any help appreciated:confused:
Some 35's came that way. My brother's XJ has that exact setup. My YJ's D35, OTOH, had a rubber plug and hex bolts. FWIW, you will probably wreck at least one of those torx bolts during the removal attempt.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanx for quick reply that helps. now if you could tell me how to id the ratio (tags m.i.a.) i'd be lol

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
All depends where it came from. Different ratios came with different engine and transmission combinations. If you know what the vehicle it came out of is I can probably make a guess.

·
Registered
129 Posts
To id the ratio,

Plan A:pull the cover and count the teeth on the ring gear and the pinion gear and divide them. This will give you the exact ratio.

Plan B: put a chalk mark on the front yoke, and slowly turn the axleshafts (at the same speed) one full revolution and count how many turns the front yoke rotates, this will give you an estimate of the ratio.

HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts