BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anything you know about triming xj fenders I dont so spill the beans. If anyone knows someone who does a good job for a reasonable price let me no. Im a little uneasy about cutting up the new paint job.

flex flex rub flex flex rub

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just did mine. Put YJ flares on. Was fairly easy, i got andrew to weld up my rear fenders cause i cut the two pieces of sheet metal apart. If you would like more info on what i found worked and didn't email me and i can send you some info and pics during the trimming so you can see what your getting your hands into. http://www.jeepnorthwest.com/tjflares.html This is the writeup i used to guide me through it.
Jordan

------------------
WANTED:
33x12.50MT's, 4.5"+ shocks and lower control arms, a cheap 12" sub, and a cheap amp

·
Registered
50 Posts
when i did mine i traced around the stock flare with a markre and then removed the flare. on the front i cut to this line wich removes about 2" of metal, I then cut the flare and remounted it. on the rear i did the same. I haven't welded the metal yet but will get around to it. overall i removed about 2" of metal and reused the stock flares with some modifications. gives me plenty of room for my 33 with 5" of lift. now i need more lift

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
87xj w/5' lift, snorkel, roof rack, 8000 warn, 33" mud kings and rust

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by braer:
when i did mine i traced around the stock flare with a markre and then removed the flare. on the front i cut to this line wich removes about 2" of metal, I then cut the flare and remounted it. on the rear i did the same. I haven't welded the metal yet but will get around to it. overall i removed about 2" of metal and reused the stock flares with some modifications. gives me plenty of room for my 33 with 5" of lift. now i need more lift

Could you post some pics .I'm thinking of triming mine.

------------------
If you can't stop....
smile as you go under!
99 XJ, 8" Sky-Jacker coils,leaves,yadda, yadda, yadda, 10" total 33"x12.5" MTR's = Divorce (?)

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
You guys should be takin' pics and sending me articles so I can post 'em for everyone else. Spread the knowledge! Speaking of which, thanks to Cornjeeper who wrote a couple of tech articles that will be up soon.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
50 Posts
sorry no pics, but i have explained exactly how i did it

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas
87xj w/5' lift, snorkel, roof rack, 8000 warn, 33" mud kings and rust

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Originally posted by lars:
You guys should be takin' pics and sending me articles so I can post 'em for everyone else. Spread the knowledge! Speaking of which, thanks to Cornjeeper who wrote a couple of tech articles that will be up soon.

...lars

You already told me my tech articles were probably not a good enough quality for your site.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Dan:
You already told me my tech articles were probably not a good enough quality for your site.
This is, AFAIK, the second time you've mentioned that. As I said before, I'd be happy to look at any article but for obvious reasons, if they're poorly written or the pictures are terrible then I won't post them. Any site can post bad articles. I'm trying to post good ones.

It's a matter of whether or not you want to rise to the challenge and contribute.

If you're the type who gets his feelers easily hurt then of course you shouldn't even bother because I'd hate for you to get all pouty.

If you're refering to the photos/text of your adventures in getting your Jeep back from the event up north, that has fallen to the backburner simply because I haven't gotten around to posting it. Articles which require a fair bit of re-writing take up more of my time and consequently they often are posted much later after I receive them.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

[This message has been edited by lars (edited March 20, 2002).]

Join | BC4X4 | .com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts