BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have any experience with XJ lifts. I'm looking to run 32's on my 91 Sport. Thing needs new tires so I thought I'd do the lift as well.

rough pricing on these lifts would be helpful as well. we only have one 4x4 shop here in town, so if it's cheaper for me to have it shipped from bc so be it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
4.5" of lift would be ideal for 32s. Either that or 3" of lift and fender surgery.

I know there are a couple of 4x4 shops in Calgary, but I can't remember any of their names right now.

Maybe the guys in the Eco club can point you toward some. http://www.eco.ab.ca/index2.html

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
CDLASER... did you ever receive the picture and the write up on my TJ that I mailed to you? I believe it was you that was in search of purchasing a TJ. You were possibly interested in mine, if it was you.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk.

Better get used to that noise

Just go with a 4.5" kit first, cause I guarantee you'll want to do it later.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, 3" body lift, 2" front lift blocks, Warn XD900i winch, custom narrowed rear seat.
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by Dan:
clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk clunk.

Better get used to that noise

Just go with a 4.5" kit first, cause I guarantee you'll want to do it later.

You better get very used to this noise, and don't think that it's just old suspension, my new Rubicon 6" is somewhat clunky when the going gets rough or even sometimes during the wet. 32s=sluggish acceleration with stock gearing(were talkin' mazda power)

------------------
80 Cj5, 360amc, Swampers, Custom 5in. lift, Warn winch,
92 XJ 6" Rubicon, 32s, engine build up in the works

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm startin to think max 31's because of the power issue. Once I've gotten a few other things done to the XJ then I can start working on more power with the proper gearing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts