BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy just bought an Xterra, we were wondering how good those are in the bush.. wats it comparable to? (its all stock too)

as well, what kind of modifications can we do to it? minor ones not an axle swap..

------------------
"Do you think it'll roll"
"Nah"
"we're at a bad angle"
"nah, we're good"
"dude! we're goin over"
"nah.. oh.. shit we are!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one of the Nissan Crew cabs, same engine but my wheel base is a little longer and it does quite well. Nothing to serious, I did eagle mountain in it. I would just get better tires if he has not already .... I have heard that you could tweak the torsion bars and then do an add leaf in the back to get some lift .....

------------------
1980 CJ7, Currently 3' body lift with 33' muds
Soon to have SOA lift
and a new tub

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by SlickSammy:
my buddy just bought an Xterra, we were wondering how good those are in the bush.. wats it comparable to? (its all stock too)
as well, what kind of modifications can we do to it? minor ones not an axle swap..
Gord Pritchard just bought one. He said that lockers are available for the rear. I've seen skidplates as well. Don't know about the availability of a lift kit, though.

Since the XTerra can fit 31" tires from the factory, I'd try it with the stock susp for a while.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input guys

------------------
"Do you think it'll roll"
"Nah"