BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for MONTHS since i got my dual cases installed i had the STUPIDEST driveshaft problem - my rear shaft was grinding when i left off the gas over a 100k/h..it sucked it was so loud.

anyways i had a CV shaft made for it but it rubbed the horse-collar x-member of the frame and the flanges didn't match - to make a long story short Reo at No Limit fixed it in an hour and it's SO MUCH BETTER to drive now. i can speed now. :) i haven't gone over 120 since april because of this. i've always wondered how fast i can actually with 35s/38s etc.

so if any of you have a 4Runner and you do a dual case swap, i highly recommend doing a CV rear shaft as well. besides it's cool to have a $500 rear shaft. right? right?

·
Registered
398 Posts
kissmyaxle said:
for MONTHS since i got my dual cases installed i had the STUPIDEST driveshaft problem - my rear shaft was grinding when i left off the gas over a 100k/h..it sucked it was so loud.

anyways i had a CV shaft made for it but it rubbed the horse-collar x-member of the frame and the flanges didn't match - to make a long story short Reo at No Limit fixed it in an hour and it's SO MUCH BETTER to drive now. i can speed now. :) i haven't gone over 120 since april because of this. i've always wondered how fast i can actually with 35s/38s etc.

so if any of you have a 4Runner and you do a dual case swap, i highly recommend doing a CV rear shaft as well. besides it's cool to have a $500 rear shaft. right? right?

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE Tell me that you didnt pay $500 for a rear shaft.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: YES! finally figured it ou!

Whizzy said:

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE Tell me that you didnt pay $500 for a rear shaft.
well here's how it happened

i couldn't find a CV joint from an 85 and previous truck, so i went to alpi's, bought a rear driveshaft from a truck like mine and got a front driveshaft from a truck like mine, took it to drive products and had them combine the two. it ended up being costly - the reason i did it this way was because it was two days before we left for california for the jambo, and I REALLY needed it done, but i had to still be able to drive my truck, and i couldn't do that without buying an extra rear shaft..

anyways that's what it ended up costing, about 450 or something after buying them from alpi's and having them combined and DPI..oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.