BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts

how busy is your brother?? It seems he's running a business, I'm kind of interested in getting a 6 point fab'd up for a TJ...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: ...

copeland said:
how busy is your brother?? It seems he's running a business, I'm kind of interested in getting a 6 point fab'd up for a TJ...
Actually he is waiting cause the next thing has kinda been put on hold for a little bit.
Give him a shout.
Cam 604.835.3792

Tell him that whizzy told you to call. So far that has gone over well for all the other people.
:D

·
Registered
860 Posts
could you give me an estimate of the cost on that project...this is more soemthing I would expect to get down around Novemebr when I get settled back into school and slowed down for the winter...

·
Registered
57 Posts
copeland said:
could you give me an estimate of the cost on that project...this is more soemthing I would expect to get down around Novemebr when I get settled back into school and slowed down for the winter...
I think that one cost $1600 - $1700.

Call cam though. You could call him anytime up till like 10:00.

Give him a shout
:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice cage

I think I have seen that JEEP in abby on marshale by coverall tents way kool.
:beer :canadian :beer

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Re: Re: Nice cage

wow.

IMHO this cage could do more harm than good in a roll over (not flop). those side bars would do some very serious damage to the people in the front seat. the reason for this is there is no lateral support for the front hoop so it would be easily bent to the side bringing the side bars into either the passanger or driver (depends on the roll direction). also it looks like the passenger's/driver's head would slam right into the top bars going toward the middle of the front hoop.

it does look nice but it would make me worried if i were to wheel it.:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd love to watch someone get in and out of that thing.

Does she wear skirts? :D

Chris (did I say that?)
PS: I'll echo Andrew's safety concerns - there are some fundamental issues with that design.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Re: Nice cage

AndrewH said:
wow.

IMHO this cage could do more harm than good in a roll over (not flop). those side bars would do some very serious damage to the people in the front seat. the reason for this is there is no lateral support for the front hoop so it would be easily bent to the side bringing the side bars into either the passanger or driver (depends on the roll direction). also it looks like the passenger's/driver's head would slam right into the top bars going toward the middle of the front hoop.

it does look nice but it would make me worried if i were to wheel it.:confused: :confused:
The front hoop is tied in very solid. It is mounted at the base and has the supports on the top as well as a lateral support going accross the front just below the windshield. The only concern that I agree with you on is the side bars.
The front hoop would be the least of my concerns with those there.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Nice cage

Whizzy said:

The front hoop is tied in very solid. It is mounted at the base and has the supports on the top as well as a lateral support going accross the front just below the windshield. The only concern that I agree with you on is the side bars.
The front hoop would be the least of my concerns with those there.
I'll third what Andrew said. The side bars and the dash bar are not enough support for that cage. If she flops to one side she''l be fine but any sort of barrel roll could be ugly. I speak from experience here. My old cage was tied into the frame, had four top spreaders, and was reasonalbly solid. A couple of barrel rolls later the top of the cage had shifted three inches to the right. The new cage has lots more bracing :D

I think Cam did some excellent work on the cage (nice fits/welds etc) but I'm glad it wasn't his design.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
she will blow the D35 with 35" boggers before she rolls:laugh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts