BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to be buying a suspension lift for my jeep in january and i was thinking about the procomp 4 inch lift kit. Is this a good kit?? ruff ride?? or should i be looking at a totaly differnt kit?

any suggestions would be great

thanks

------------------
92 Jeep YJ with 1 inch shackle lift and a 2 inch body lift running 31's

·
Registered
344 Posts
i'd suggest the RE 4.5" kit...flex's well and it's a very complete kit..other then that i'd say go with soa...

allan

------------------
93 YJ, 4" Pro Comp Lift with 32's. Formally known as Stock Black YJ

·
Registered
160 Posts
The pro-comp is pretty stiff.

------------------
90 Sub,496BBC,d60,14b,detroits f+r, 44 boggers,th400,np205,insane ,warn15000,balls of steel

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am very happy with my tuff country lift.
I find it is way softer than my buddies skyjacker lift.

------------------
This 4x4 thing is starting to take away from my beer fund.

R.I.P. Devon

·
Registered
39 Posts
my brother has the pro comp 4" lift and his YJ rides like a friggin tank. go with something else and save your time and money. I would do a spoa if I were you.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was once told that an SOA on a YJ makes for a good lift because the stock springs are so flexy (if that is a word). I too would recomend that or the RE lift. The 4.5 lift is pricey, $850 US$, but you could get the regular 4" which is about $550 US$, (if my memory serve me right).

Check out www.teraflex.com , go to "sales desk", go to "shootout". this is a table of different lifts and how they compare. (Granted I know that this is mainly for advertisement purposes on the part of teraflex, but it gives you a little idea).

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe i am just blind but i cant see where is says "sales desk"

------------------
92 Jeep YJ with 1 inch shackle lift and a 2 inch body lift running 31's

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey i'm in the same boat as you. although i am waiting till feb, when i get my fat taxes back. i was calling around and talking to different people and i figured that i am going to try the skyjacker lift, i was told by many different people that it flexes fairly well. also it is way cheaper then the rubicon ex.although if you have the option, soa is far better.
cheers
ian

·
Registered
158 Posts
Originally posted by Brent:
maybe i am just blind but i cant see where is says "sales desk"

Sorry, that's www.teraflx.com You should be able to find it there.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

1 - 13 of 13 Posts