BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 89 YJ - the driver seat is broken and I am wondering if there are any other seats besides Jeep seats which can be subtituted (used Jeep seats are hard to find)

·
Registered
158 Posts
There are a lot of different seat that can be put in. The only question would be in the area of will it mount to the stock YJ seat bracket. Personnally, I would get racing seats for the front w/ 4-point belts.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep--'92 YJ
Option...Black Nite

·
Registered
327 Posts
I put mazda 626 seats in mine. However I had to cut the driver side bracket down about an inch and weld it together. And I just welded the seat frame to the yj bracket. I paid 50 bucks for 2 seats. driver is reclining. lumbar support, and a couple of other things that I don't use. But 50 bucks and 3 hours labour [my own] you can't beat that and way more comfortable than yj seats.

My .02

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are alot of different seats you can use. But my opinion, is go with "steel horse". Damn good seats. they will mount to your stock brackets.

------------------
95'YJ (my toy)
83'CJ8 (Staying stock)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.