BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I might have a new frame for my truck just one thing though, it's a short box and mine is a standard box. Now I'm still new to this mix and match game but will it work? I would imagine that I'll need a shorter driveshaft, box is shot so that is a non-issue. What about from the cab forward though? are all of the mounts in the same place, i.e... can I just drop the front of my truck on this frame without mods? The guy is hot to sell and has others intrested so a fast answer would be a good thing, thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm guess I shoulda mentioned that....
My truck is a `81 standard bed, the doner is an `80 short box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand you completely but is your truck a long box? I'm not sure but I don't think the long box was offered in those years and all trucks were short box regular cab, so you should be fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
cab mounts and everything foreward is the same. new rear shaft (8"shorter) and e-brake cable if you want. fuel tank is shorter in the s/b, so youll have to swap it too if you want to keep it in the stock location. thats it. no mods. since youre scrapping the box, (and going flatdeck i assume) take the opportunity to bob the frame a few inches and raise the rear bumper

·
Registered
389 Posts
long box is almost 8 feet long just a few inch shy
short/regular box are like 6 feet long
to answer your question
yes it will work
fly at er:canadian

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·