BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

just got me a RHD Jimny Sierra. FOTB. Haven't even got 'er inspected yet! Got do a clutch on it though right away. Should I go centerforce?? Anyone else have one?
I'd like to go with a 2-3" lift as well, any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to the whole suzuki thing too. I just bought a 87 samurai LWB. I have been doing tons of reading on all sorts of forums and asking questions and after almost a month of research, I plan on doing a Jeep YJ spring swap on my Samurai. It is suppose to be the best ride quality and give it a couple inches of lift. It will require some new spring brackets and there are many places that sell them but you can also find detailed plans and forums on how to make your own brackets to do the YJ swap. I have asked on forums and from business who sell lifted springs and all say the ride quality suffers a bit by going with lifted springs. But this is all from reading not from experience. I don't know how similar or different a Jimny is to a Samurai. So maybe none of this info is a help to you. There are bunch of forums out there that could help and to find them I just started googleing for answers and almost always came up with forums with tons of info. Good luck.

·
Registered
525 Posts
If you are planing to wheel that truck, i would just put a cheapo clutch in there cause you shouldn't really need the clutch that much and for the price of one they aren't worth it. that and they REALLY don't like being glazed from riding the clutch that much... so if you have no gears thats a problem. I would stay away from YJ's they just aren't worth the hastle. I've never ran them but i've read quite a bit on them and they don't tend to last that long and if you have a full pack they are very stiff. as for lift i would just go with a 6" right away if your planing to wheel it cause your going to regret the shorter lift later and then spend some more money on it later. Breeze industries puts out a pretty good setup for around $750 iirc. I've run mine for almost 5 years and no issues or signs of wear to speak of. just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
What year is that thing? Is it one of them fancy coil suspension samurais?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The zuk is a 94. They started with the coilies in 95 as far as i know. As well as a few other changes multi point FI new grill, but more $$$ so I chose the last year of the leaf.
So TCzuki? 6 in eh? It seems slow enough already with its stock tires on it, but you're prob right. I redid a lot of work on my car wanting more power!!!!
So I put in a new clutch, and getting the tranny back in is a b**CH! Not much room to jostle it back into place., any suggestions on that?

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
For the tranny, i'd say try tilting your motor back so the clutch faces down more..

that's a general tip not sure if it's even possible with a sammy as the dizzy is so far back as it is..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the tranny, i'd say try tilting your motor back so the clutch faces down more..

that's a general tip not sure if it's even possible with a sammy as the dizzy is so far back as it is..
Thanks Kinslayer, I managed to get her done! I was originally being lazy by not removing the frount half shaft. After removing that and using a jack on the motor to do as you suggested......popped right in!

·
Registered
525 Posts
If your looking for a vehicle with horsepower then a samurai isn't it. with the 33" tires im running at 4500rpm down the hwy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya i know its no rocket, I was referring to my other project car, modding it for more power.
Are you running the stock 1.3L with your big tires?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Ya his is pretty much a stock motor.. maybe a K&N on it

·
Registered
525 Posts
yup mines stock with a k&n. I think The Folks at breeze industries run stockish engines with 38's

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't mine doing some minor engine work, most bang for the buck type stuff. You guys run with your Cat? I do so far, wondering if it make much of a difference

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
these engines need backpressure, and the environment needs fewer emissions..keep the cat

Go get a K&N air filter and some lead lined shoes

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
New Cap and rotor woke her back up a bit. 120kph!! She's a bad M.F!!

Hey, I have no xp with sammies. i got a bit of tranny or dif. noise at low engine speed, upon accel. kinda of a growl. I did change the clutch recently, along with the throwout and carrier bearings, but it did make the same sound before. At higher RPM 2500+ the noise disappears, relatively quiet on the highway.
Its not a horrible noise, I kinds like it. But is it normal?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
check your ujoints in your driveshafts..maybe wheel bearings.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts